General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 06:17 PM
thymebalm is on a distinguished road
Default New year new Blazer

So I had an ‘05 Blazer that was the base model - and over the year that I had it I put about 4K into it (brakes, calipars, suspension, spark plugs, tires, ...) and finally had her off road ready and fun as hell to drive. About a month later wifey totaled it (not her fault). so I waited around and found another 05 Blazer - this time a zr2 with all the power features, sunroof, double din stereo, and 160,000km on it. I was out of province at the time and had a buddy buy it for me. When I took it in for inspection it needed all the same repair work, and the previous driver had hidden some damage and accidents on the vehicle. Never did any of the fluid changes and basically ran it into the ground. I’ve since replaced the battery and the side mirror and today I just brought her in for new rear brakes, calipars, and suspensions and alignment (sway bars, link kits, etc). Though I’m slightly annoyed at having to go through his lengthy and somewhat expensive process again - I’m sure happy to have another Blazer beneath me on the road.

I still need a new exhaust, spark plugs, coolant flush, and to clear 3 engine codes (Evap, 02 sensors)... but the laundry list gets smaller (as does the bank account).

still a proud owner. Love the look, feel and capability of this bad girl. She’s named Delilah.

Old 02-02-2018, 09:04 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Pulled out my little sub box and reinstalled the dual 12's I use to have in the Blazer, just for fun. What was suppose to be a 15 minute swap turned into an hour and a half... The spring loaded terminals posts were loose, almost to the point of falling out of the cup on one side. I went to tighten it down and the threads on it were gone... only noticed because one of the subs wasn't working after installing... So I stole some spring loaded terminal posts directly off an OLD Rockford Fosgate P3 sub that I had in the garage and installed them into the terminal cups and it's just like new again. Works great and pounds hard I'm a diehard Fosgate fan if you couldn't tell

Also found some new 31x10.5 meats at work today on a Wrangler that I'll be bringing home throwing on the 'ol girl soon Full set of 5 with a matching spare, perfect since I installed that rear tire carrier

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 02-02-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Took off the dash panels to get at the remote cassette player cable and better nest the wires for my switched aux power outlet. I always underestimate the time it takes to do all of that. I had to even take out the center console and ash-tray. But I hope to not have to get into any of that for along time.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Those are some nice rubbers red...

How have those cassettes been sounding Christine?

Old 02-03-2018, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DonL
Those are some nice rubbers red...

How have those cassettes been sounding Christine?
DonL,

They are sounding pretty good. Thanks for asking! LOL

Although I do have some cassettes still laying around, I was glad to have the cassette player going so I could use a cassette adapter so I can play music off my phone. That is working really well.

P.S. I'm also resurrecting my father's 1960 vintage vacuum tube receiver and amplifier. I'm not just CASSETTE-retro, I'm VACUUM-TUBE-retro! :-)

Last edited by christine_208; 02-03-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:57 PM
Beginning Member
wanderlost is on a distinguished road

Today I order even more parts to get my Blazer back on the road!

Old 02-13-2018, 01:25 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Replaced my front bumper with a chrome one. Much better.
But it returned the favor by spitting a P0200 code at me. Rotten Blazer.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:57 AM
Beginning Member
honolulujoe is on a distinguished road

got heat back into the cab by reversing the flow through the heater core

Old 02-14-2018, 07:26 PM

Moved my 5 new tires over to and mounted them on my 5 matching wheels

Going to bring them home tomorrow and get them balanced and install them over the weekend.

These were USED mine you. The spare has NEVER seen pavement; still has the nipples on the tread!

Started off with this; new tires I'm installing on the right, and my old ones on the left (31x10.5 BFG AT on the bottom that was a spare; BRAND NEW too, never seen pavement), Nexen brand MT"s, I think they're roughly 29.5 tall is the 4 in the middle, and the top one is a similarly sized MT that I had mounted on my matching 5th wheel as a spare.

I'm just excited to have them all mounted up on matching wheels and tires now! 31" BFG AT is on the top in this picture; it was on a stock wheel, I removed it because I already have buyers for ALL of my old tires lmao

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 02-14-2018 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:28 PM

Installed the wheels and tires

Was going to wait until the weekend, but I had the extra time this afternoon at work so I went ahead and threw them on while I had access to the lift. Makes the job much easier lol

Not even balanced yet, and they ride smooth as silk all the way up to about 65mph, and only then to they start to get a little vibrations going. For around town they're just fine, but if I ever plan on taking it on the highway, I'm going to need to hit up the tire shop first and get them properly balanced. But for now I'm just going to rock them as they are!

Definitely cannot go any larger than these 31x10's on these wheels. They ever so slightly make frame contact at full lock, but otherwise they fit great. Oh and they look sweet AF as well in my opinion

The Blazer really just needs some more height now...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?