General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 06:13 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

ordered a driver side wiper arm, didn't think it was froze to the windshield but I was wrong

Old 01-27-2018, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Installed my retained accessory power controlled relay that will switch off one of the accessory power outlets.

Old 01-27-2018, 09:08 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Followed Ms.Christine's prescribed vacuum replacement process.. Got one line done , the source vacuum line. With all the other vehicles needing attention today , that's all I had time for..

Vacuum at the source at idle varies between 15 and 20hg , which was apparently good enough to allow the HVAC controls to function. Didn't try 4HI yet. Will wait until I replace the rest of the lines to do that. Just didn't want to test anything that I knew only had a half-*** chance of working..

May attack more tomorrow if the weather cooperates.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member
Mikel7829 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
Installed a new coolant recovery tank. And now trying to figure out where my coolant is going because that didn't fix the problem.
Also attempted to fix the driver's door panel. "Fixed" it about 9 months ago and it's right back the way it was before.
So very tired of working on the same issues repeatedly on this thing. If I weren't in the market for a house I would have traded it in yesterday.
Originally Posted by jone531@bellsouth.net
Followed Ms.Christine's prescribed vacuum replacement process.. Got one line done , the source vacuum line. With all the other vehicles needing attention today , that's all I had time for..

Vacuum at the source at idle varies between 15 and 20hg , which was apparently good enough to allow the HVAC controls to function. Didn't try 4HI yet. Will wait until I replace the rest of the lines to do that. Just didn't want to test anything that I knew only had a half-*** chance of working..

May attack more tomorrow if the weather cooperates.
you sure its not going into the oil pan? 4.3 vortecs are notorious for vanishing coolant..**** poor lower intake gasket design..

Old 01-27-2018, 10:28 PM
Beginning Member

Picked up about 3 grocery sacks of garbage out of the blazer were the ole lady has been driving it...

Old 01-28-2018, 06:42 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Mikel7829
you sure its not going into the oil pan? 4.3 vortecs are notorious for vanishing coolant..**** poor lower intake gasket design..
PO missed the mark on that one...Overlooked that problem and let the thing overheat too many times , then eventually replaced the entire LIM with the wrong year of all things..

Needless to say the engine is shot , so will be getting a replacement soon. Just trying to get a few things done in the meantime while waiting on funding for a replacement engine. Trying to see what does and doesn't work and repair what I can.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:18 AM
randal4×4 is on a distinguished road

How do I starty my own thread on here guys. I need help with a few things on my 2000 chevy blazer. Still trying to figure this site out.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:13 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by randal4×4
How do I starty my own thread on here guys. I need help with a few things on my 2000 chevy blazer. Still trying to figure this site out.

From the Main Page: https://blazerforum.com/forum/

Select\Open the category for the type of problem you're experiencing ,

Click the button in the upper left that says NEW THREAD

Summarize the issue in title\subject , then describe the issue in the text field.

Click SUBMIT

Then hurry up and wait for a reply.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:15 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by randal4×4
Go to https://blazerforum.com/forum/

Click on the sub-forum topic of interest (e.g. "2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech", or " Off Roading")

Click on the icon just above the frame that is titled "Threads in Forum: Off Roading" that says "New Thread". The New Topic icon has a black background with white letters.

If you have permissions, new members have some limits I think, you will then get a blank New Thread window titled "Post New Thread."

Old 01-28-2018, 01:26 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by jone531@bellsouth.net
PO missed the mark on that one...Overlooked that problem and let the thing overheat too many times , then eventually replaced the entire LIM with the wrong year of all things..

Needless to say the engine is shot , so will be getting a replacement soon. Just trying to get a few things done in the meantime while waiting on funding for a replacement engine. Trying to see what does and doesn't work and repair what I can.
If your meaning what year engines will work all will enter change I have a 2000 model and changed the engine with a 2002 4.3 out of a s10 extreme .. only thing I had to modify was to tap out for the knock sensor....The 2002 has a 2 wire knock sensor while the 2000 model has a 1 wire knock sensor...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?