General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 02:27 PM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mikel7829
If your meaning what year engines will work all will enter change I have a 2000 model and changed the engine with a 2002 4.3 out of a s10 extreme .. only thing I had to modify was to tap out for the knock sensor....The 2002 has a 2 wire knock sensor while the 2000 model has a 1 wire knock sensor...
Naw , I know which engine I need...I mean PO replaced the LIM (Lower intake manifold) with one from a year that had an EGR valve, whereas my 2002 originally did not have one...

Anyways , enough clarification.. Off to do some more vacuum lines....

Old 01-28-2018, 06:10 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Pulled the radio and replaced the light bulbs on the front face. Reinstalled the radio and also installed the remote radio controls. Now all my little lights work again.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:09 PM
Starting Member

Christine , that sounds quite enlightening...

I managed to replace 2 old rotten vacuum lines and install the missing one..4HI and all HVAC controls are now back to working..

Now on to the fun stuff , like radiator , engine , etc....

Old 01-28-2018, 08:32 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jone531@bellsouth.net
Christine , that sounds quite enlightening...

I managed to replace 2 old rotten vacuum lines and install the missing one..4HI and all HVAC controls are now back to working..

Now on to the fun stuff , like radiator , engine , etc....
Yes, with all of those bulbs replaced, I'm sure to get much better mileage too! LOL

Glad to hear you got the HVAC and 4Hi working. I love fixes that are easy like replacing those vacuum hoses.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:12 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Honestly, I didn't even drive the 'ol girl all weekend...

yes, I'm ashamed of myself...

but she'll forgive me and still get me to and from work reliably all next week, because that's just how she is

Old 01-29-2018, 09:00 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Honestly, I didn't even drive the 'ol girl all weekend...

yes, I'm ashamed of myself...

but she'll forgive me and still get me to and from work reliably all next week, because that's just how she is
Hopefully she doesn't get all hot headed like she did a few weeks back and start smokin... lol...

Old 01-29-2018, 12:16 PM

lmao, funny thing, my left headlight decided to not come on this morning at 6am, so guess what I'm doing when I get home from work

Old 01-29-2018, 09:41 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Attempted to replace coolant temperature sensor. Realized I was going to have to go through fender well with wheel removed to access it. Looped connector for it out of the way for now and drove to work sans temp guage.
It never ran so good.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:24 AM

Well I got home and proceeded to fix my headlight. Verified it wasn't working, turned the headlights on, still no left headlight.

So I pulled the light out, popped out the bulb (HID), took it over to the test bench with a spare ballast, applied power, and the bulb lit up. So I figured it was a bad ballast. Brought a spare bulb over to the truck where the ballast was still attached, plug it in and turned the headlights on, and it lit up...

WTF...

So I put the original bulb BACK into the headlight and plugged everything in, turned on the headlights, and low and behold it all works just fine... Must have just been a bad connection somewhere... I unplugged everything, reapplied some new dielectric grease, and even wrapped the ballast power plug to the truck's headlight plug up with some electrical tape for good measure, and all is well now.

I think the truck was just lonely over the weekend and wanted me to touch it

Old 02-02-2018, 05:33 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Intalled new coolant temperature sensor, radiator cap, and thermostat. All AC Delco.
Washed it, filled it up after successful test drive.
Am happy.
But still, if I could just have 5 minutes alone with a GM designer.....👹

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?