General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 08:48 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kergan77
It was not hard☺. Still having trouble with my O2 sensors bank1sensor1 & bank2 sensor1 not reading. I installed them new. I have no clue what would cause that. Checked the fuse, cleaned contacts. Any ideas?
1. What brand parts did you use?
2. Have you checked the wires for damage?

Old 08-27-2018, 08:31 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Kergan77
It was not hard☺. Still having trouble with my O2 sensors bank1sensor1 & bank2 sensor1 not reading. I installed them new. I have no clue what would cause that. Checked the fuse, cleaned contacts. Any ideas?
Look for an open in the wiring - common for them to melt on the exhaust, but on a vehicle that hasn't been produced in 13 years, anything is possible. Time to chase wiring, especially if you live in the salt belt. The wiring on these vehicles was marginal right from the get.

Old 08-27-2018, 07:49 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Took the Blazer in to get the steering gear box replaced and got a call later that the steering gear box wasn't the problem. It seems the nut holding the pitman arm was missing. Ended up replacing the pitman arm. tie rods, idler arm, and doing a wheel alignment. Tomorrow it gets a new cat converter.

Old 08-28-2018, 02:16 PM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Got the rocker guard put on

Old 08-28-2018, 06:18 PM
ohyeahjay is an unknown quantity at this point

Canadianbacon: There are some Blazer parts on Kijiji, 4.3L engine for $80, transfer case for free

Old 08-28-2018, 08:01 PM

Got the cat converter put in today. They used a Magnaflow brand. The knock is gone and it sounds really good inside and outside now. It has a low, throaty sound inside. It seems to me that the engine has more power and pick up now. I'm very pleased and the $300 price tag was worth it. Next up a new windshield installation at Safelite next week.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:05 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I was finally able to install the new speakers in the mid panel since Crutchfield sent the right speaker adapters. The sound in the truck is much better as in cleaner and crisper and now when I adjust the fader position it makes a bigger difference.

In case anyone was wondering they are JBL Club 6522 speakers in for the factory Bose ones.

Old 08-31-2018, 10:00 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

The wife and I took her out on the local trails this afternoon and tested the water depth since it's been raining pretty much every day here in "sunny" Florida this time of the year.

Yeah it's wet... DEEP standing water is the only thing that made me turn back on the trails...

Mostly hard bottom, hit a few nasty spots where I had to actually put in it 4wd :P

STILL didn't have to use the winch... brought my water boots and all in preparation...

It's dark now, I'll get pics of the end result tomorrow. Just before heading back I had to get a little "playing" in, so she got a little dirty... But it's going to storm this weekend so hey, free car wash!

Old 08-31-2018, 10:28 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
Got the cat converter put in today. They used a Magnaflow brand. The knock is gone and it sounds really good inside and outside now. It has a low, throaty sound inside. It seems to me that the engine has more power and pick up now. I'm very pleased and the $300 price tag was worth it. Next up a new windshield installation at Safelite next week.
Man, when you're done, you're gonna have the newest old blazer on the road!!

Old 09-01-2018, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by GreenBlazer2002
Man, when you're done, you're gonna have the newest old blazer on the road!!
Ha Ha! Well like most old Blazers there will always be something to fix.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?