General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:37 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
I'm going to make a new thread that goes further into detail
Excellent, thank you. So many questions ...

Yeah, I read somewhere (here or s10forum) a long time ago about the ZR2 jack. I almost didn't buy it, till I noticed the stamp at the base.
The bone yards around here usually ****** all the jacks up, as they don't want you using them.

Old 02-13-2019, 11:09 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Wanted to pass this along. If you've bought from RockAuto, you probably received it too, but if not there are definitely items of interest.

"The links below display the wholesaler closeout parts available for your vehicles. Wholesaler closeout parts are also listed in the RockAuto catalog alongside our regular inventory."

Wholesaler closeouts for your 2002 CHEVROLET BLAZER
Wholesaler Closeout Parts : 2002 CHEVROLET BLAZER 4.3L V6

Wholesaler closeouts for your 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500
Wholesaler Closeout Parts : 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 1500 4.8L V8

enjoy!
Franco

Old 02-13-2019, 11:14 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

@ blazen_red_4x4
The Caddy seat looks great! Nice work.

F

Old 02-23-2019, 09:24 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

I replaced my radiator and filter-to-radiator oil lines today. The job itself wasn't too bad. The real hassle was the "musical chairs" I had to play with the cars.

For the winter I try to keep everything off the road which means I have a 12' wide driveway that is about 1.7 car lengths long that on one side has a snowed-in boat and Prelude and on the other side has a 1.5 to 2' of packed snow on my yard. I had to move my utility trailer to the road, then charge the battery on the old Mustang so I could pull it back into the driveway from the one-car garage far enough so that I could leave room for me to do just a tad of 4x4ing over the snow and drive the Blazer into the garage. Fortunately we only got a skiff of snow last night and I was able to get the driveway dry. (A south facing driveway is a big help!) The Mustang with its high rear end gears and light rear end has hardly any grip on anything slippery, hence my reluctance to put it on the street. Well that and there being not much room on the street because of the snow and the threat of someone hitting it.

Normally I do my best to get all of my periodic and preventative maintenance done before the snow flies but the radiator leak could not be ignored before going on a 700 mile round trip soon.

Old 02-24-2019, 08:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Installed a new radio

A Pumpkin brand 7" Android unit. Didn't know going into it that it was one of those China sized double din units, so it was just a hair larger both width and height than a standard double din in the US... Took a little massaging and filing, but she fits! Seems to work pretty good. Will have to get everything set up over time using it.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:20 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

Impressive stuff, here I was happy to get a salvaged cruise control module installed and test good. The job would have been easier maybe if I owned a deep well 10mm socket but no...did it the hard way. (Don’t ask) It’s done and works, all the matters.

Old 03-03-2019, 09:47 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Put my welder to use and burnt together the seat tracks for my Cadillac seat swap. So now instead of just being bolted together, they're much more solidly put together

Even cleaned them up and painted them afterwards, no so much to look better because let's face it they'll never been seen under the seat lol, but it should keep them from rusting up.

And yeah, it does make it look better too...

After that was all said and done, I brought the actual seat inside and tore the covers off and installed heaters in the butt and back. Talk about a chore... Should have gotten photos, but oh well...

Old 03-05-2019, 05:03 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Shoot, I assumed those caddy seats had heat already!

Old 03-05-2019, 06:14 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Well, I stepped around mine this morning when I went out through the garage to go to work. Does that count? Lol

It's been in there for almost a week, patiently waiting for the tcase rebuild kit to arrive from rock auto

Old 03-05-2019, 07:57 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Got the jimmy home after purchasing yesterday. No pics yet. I'll stop by after work tomorrow to take some before repair and clean pics...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?