General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 05:58 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

A real Blazer! Been a while since I've seen one. Nice job so far - looks like it's gonna be NICE. ����

Old 04-24-2019, 11:46 AM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bejaran
Haven’t been on since my black beauty(1998 2 door Chevy blazer) was totaled in 2017 but I picked this baby up today 04-16-19 for $480 with title guy didn’t have keys to start or lock gonna have to replace steering column because previous owner caused damage trying to remove ignition lock cylinder the blazer did come with another steering column they had bought from pull a part there was also two key cylinders laying in cup holder with keys also door panels need to be replaced driver seat needs replacement driver door latch being closed and the repeatedly slammed to try and close caused damage to what secures the door latch (can’t think of the correct name atm) heater core is bypassed so figure that needs replacing also CEL is on I scanned and had about 8 abs codes going to replace ebcm (I did check grounds) dash could use replacing will see about changing it out when I change heater core hood could use replacement rear glasses needs shocks going to need to replace all locks due to no key missing one lug nut power locks window work ac works radio is missing odometer reads 200k+ miles Today Thursday 04-18-19 I started cleaning up interior I changed out ignition lock cylinder with one that was in cup holder added $3 worth of gas and vroom she started up for some odd reason it starts without key inside lock cylinder (haven’t looked into it yet but will) checked grounds for ebcm also no knocking so that’s a + front end alignment needed

Nice find!! Love that blue. You have quite a list to go through now. Enjoy!!

Old 04-27-2019, 07:52 PM
Beginning Member
9702BlazerStyle is on a distinguished road

cleaned my headlights today. Used the toothpaste method i heard about. Worked out great actually. They was both really yellow. Now theyre pretty clean. Maybe tomorrow ill pull and paint the grill.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:09 PM
Starting Member
jaymzz is on a distinguished road

Washed one Blazer and got a good picture of it and welded up some fenders on my other Blazer.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:18 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Set up a new "shop light" to throw some light on the Blazer when pulling those late wrenching nights

Old 04-27-2019, 10:02 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

That spare tire needs a cover.......

Old 04-27-2019, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
That spare tire needs a cover.......
I've never ran a cover on mine, and it doesn't seem to get dry rotted any faster than the other four.

If it was on the roof, I would agree with you

Old 04-28-2019, 10:31 AM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

I was just thinking that from a "looks" point of view a cover would be a must if I had a spare located on the rear of my Blazer. But then again I grew up in a time when spare tires that were mounted on the rear came with covers. Pickups, no; everything else, yes.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by G0LFADD1CT
I was just thinking that from a "looks" point of view a cover would be a must if I had a spare located on the rear of my Blazer. But then again I grew up in a time when spare tires that were mounted on the rear came with covers. Pickups, no; everything else, yes.
Oh, I gotcha. Aethetics are a matter of opinion, I guess. Personally I think it depends on the look the vehicle is going for. My truck is kinda rattty, function over form. For a nicer vehicle, a cover can look nice

Old 04-28-2019, 12:42 PM
odat is on a distinguished road

Years ago I had two covers on my old 84 S10 - first one was stolen - the second after I attached it so it needed unlocked for removal when they couldn't get it off who ever wanted it destroyed it - I gave up .....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?