General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2019, 11:39 AM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

Last night I received a call that my son’s truck wouldn’t start. He immediately told me the fuel pump was out.

Since the fuel gauge doesn’t work I asked if he had gas. He replied the trip odometer was at 150 miles.

I told old him I thought the trip odometer might not be accurate since the battery had been out. Of course he tells me not so. I go ahead and get up and drive to his work.

He’s still there and I asked if we could try “fuel pump in a can” so it starts. Amazing what 2.5 gallons of fuel will do.

Followed him to the gas station where an additional 15.5 gallons were added.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:05 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Man, that thing is lookin' good!

Old 11-15-2019, 02:16 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Thanks! May get a winch in the future as well, but right now my focus is going to turn towards the interior.

Old 11-15-2019, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Tried starting the truck after it sitting for a week. No go, gotta wait a week for it to get warmer... very sad day... hopefully I either get it running or get my civic sold to get it into my mechanic. Front end work and spider injector... always something lol ... and I need tires...

Old 11-16-2019, 11:23 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

I worked on my son's ZR2 aka Sketchy.

I flushed the cooling system and got the flush and brown water out. I was able to add a gallon of antifreeze so it's a bit weak but I can pull out some fluid and replace it with straight antifreeze if needed.

I will see if the system needs some fluid tomorrow morning.

I found a leak in the AC system as the baubles on the finger tight fitting were easy to see.

Got the battery hold down bold install so now the battery is properly held in the tray.

I also clean out my garage a bit by installing a lower fan shroud piece on this truck as the one that we there was missing the middle of the bottom section.

Now to figure out why the PCV buzzes at idle but I have to leave something for tomorrow.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:28 AM
Beginning Member
lilqueasy is on a distinguished road

I've got a pcv that likes to rattle too. I replaced it with a new one for a whopping 3 dollars and keep the volume on the radio up.

Today I installed new cv shaft only to find out that it was too long... took it out. After putting the old one with a pinhole in the boot back in I was able to to rig up the upper ball joint, install shock absorber, get rotors/calipers/pads installed, snug up the control arm bolts, torque the torsion bar ... and after 13+ hours of rusty fun finally move on to the passenger side of the front end where I:
pulled out upper and lower control arms, tie rods, ball joints, rotor/caliper, torsion bar, before quitting for the night. Tomorrow I plan on popping the bushings out of the control arms, hitting everything with a wire wheel and some paint, and HOPEFULLY get everything put back together.

My back hurts.

Old 11-18-2019, 09:48 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

HA, my PCV valve drives me nuts... Took me forever to track down where the sound was coming from too...

Old 11-19-2019, 07:34 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Just dropped my truck off to have the electrical harness torn out since it's been acting funky since I bought it two years ago. I'm dreading to see how much it's gonna run me. On the plus side though, I'm excited to finally get both electronic door locks to work instead of just the driver side, my powered mirrors working, and have the locks engage when I shift into gear. I'd say 20 years is a good run for a wire harness.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:52 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Played around with my Tech2 clone module. Can get in and do diagnostics on ANY module from the engine, trans, abs, body control, lighting, etc. So far can do everything that my buddy's $1300 SnapOn scanner can do, for just $100

Next step, get into reprogramming and changing some settings in the BCM, maybe the ECU it it'll let me.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:57 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Where did you get it from blazen? I've been looking for something like that.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?