General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 01:30 AM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Played around with my Tech2 clone module. Can get in and do diagnostics on ANY module from the engine, trans, abs, body control, lighting, etc. So far can do everything that my buddy's $1300 SnapOn scanner can do, for just $100

Next step, get into reprogramming and changing some settings in the BCM, maybe the ECU it it'll let me.
Super cool! Keep us posted. And yes, where did you get this?

Can it do an ABS bleeding?

Old 11-20-2019, 07:19 AM
eshaw is on a distinguished road

I believe they can Christine.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:53 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Played around with my Tech2 clone module. Can get in and do diagnostics on ANY module from the engine, trans, abs, body control, lighting, etc. So far can do everything that my buddy's $1300 SnapOn scanner can do, for just $100

Next step, get into reprogramming and changing some settings in the BCM, maybe the ECU it it'll let me.
You won't be able to do any reprogramming, but you should be able to learn keys, do the crank relearn procedure, etc..

In order to reflash any modules, you need a J2534 box and a laptop, plus a subscription to GM's service info (which they gladly charge for). https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 11-20-2019 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Add link to SI
Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Super cool! Keep us posted. And yes, where did you get this?

Can it do an ABS bleeding?
Most high end, bi-directional scan tools can. I'd imagine this one can as well.

I've got an Autel Maxisys 906TS - it can do pretty much everything except reflash modules.

Old 11-20-2019, 09:14 AM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

VXDiag VCX Nano

There's two GM versions, with and without wifi connection capabilities. For the $10 more I just went ahead and got the one with wifi

WiFi Version VXDiag VCX NANO for GM/OPEL GDS2 Tech2Win

Yes it can do ABS bleeding.

Last night I use it to clear out an old ABS code, as well as an old airbag code.

And correct about the subscription needed to actually reprogram modules (SPS operations). This setup emulates the Tech2 with the actual Tech2Win software on a laptop, also emulates the J2534 module as well, and I can also run the GDS2 software. All came with it on a software CD I don't mind paying $40 to get 2 years of access to reprogram modules per vehicle.Will probably have everything programmed the way I want within a short time anyhow lol.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:42 PM
2001ZR2 is on a distinguished road

Before the rains and cold weather comes tonight, I was able to get not one but two EGR valves cleaned. Then I put the new AC Delco idler pulley and tentsioner pulley on my truck.

My son balked at putting the Dayco/Car Quest ones on his truck so I did. The tentsioner pulley bearing were so bad it wouldn't even make a full rev and the idle pulley turn about half of the one I took off my truck.

Yes, I put them on because if I didn't it'd below zero and I be out there doing it. We replaced his alternator for bad bearings so there wasn't a surprise to me but to him it was.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:18 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Got my truck back. Guy could not for the life of him find a way to make my doors lock while in gear, but he calibrated my speedo to the 31x10.5s for free. It's wonderful to have fully working locks, power mirrors, and my tach back again as well as no constant check engine light.

Old 11-20-2019, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

What kind of bill did you come away with?

Old 11-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DonL
What kind of bill did you come away with?
$650 all said and done. Includes overnight shipping of two parts he had to order, a brand new mirror switch and a actuator for my passenger side door.

Old 11-20-2019, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

I dont think that's too bad considering the headache of electrical work on these lol .....

side note: nice new little upgrades to the mobile view of the site!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?