General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 07:50 PM
odat will become famous soon enough

was it a abandoned unit or a damn it left me walking

Old 12-01-2019, 07:58 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

lol, well, it was given to my sister-in-law from her father, and it got left out by a pond during a pretty bad series of storms a while back. It ended up getting carried about 50 feet into the woods by the rising waters, and apparently the "water tight" body plugs at were in it didn't seal too great, it took on water and half way sunk... So it'll need all the fluids drained and changed (engine isn't internally rusted and locked up at least, I can turn it over with the pull rope), plan on either rebuilding or just replacing the carb on the Briggs engine that's in it, the controls have gotten a little rusty and stiff, a couple of the tires never really held air great so that'll need addressed, really the hole thing needs a once-over...

Old 12-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Billy1820 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
VXDiag VCX Nano

There's two GM versions, with and without wifi connection capabilities. For the $10 more I just went ahead and got the one with wifi

WiFi Version VXDiag VCX NANO for GM/OPEL GDS2 Tech2Win

Yes it can do ABS bleeding.

Last night I use it to clear out an old ABS code, as well as an old airbag code.

And correct about the subscription needed to actually reprogram modules (SPS operations). This setup emulates the Tech2 with the actual Tech2Win software on a laptop, also emulates the J2534 module as well, and I can also run the GDS2 software. All came with it on a software CD I don't mind paying $40 to get 2 years of access to reprogram modules per vehicle.Will probably have everything programmed the way I want within a short time anyhow lol.
Thanks for posting this, I just ordered mine today. Between that and my newly acquired HP Tuners, I should be good to go. Now I just need to get through the learning curve lol 😂

Old 12-02-2019, 04:57 PM
odat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
lol, well, it was given to my sister-in-law from her father, and it got left out by a pond during a pretty bad series of storms a while back. It ended up getting carried about 50 feet into the woods by the rising waters, and apparently the "water tight" body plugs at were in it didn't seal too great, it took on water and half way sunk... So it'll need all the fluids drained and changed (engine isn't internally rusted and locked up at least, I can turn it over with the pull rope), plan on either rebuilding or just replacing the carb on the Briggs engine that's in it, the controls have gotten a little rusty and stiff, a couple of the tires never really held air great so that'll need addressed, really the hole thing needs a once-over...
It should be a fun toy and well worth what ever it takes to cherry it back out -
You have better luck than me the pond would be twenty feet deep and at the bottom is where I would have found it

Old 12-03-2019, 10:23 AM
Russtache is on a distinguished road

Nice long weekend .... finally got some color on this thing ... should buff out ok.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:01 AM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Russtache
Nice long weekend .... finally got some color on this thing ... should buff out ok.

You might wanna check the filters on your respirator, lol.

Old 12-04-2019, 03:52 PM
Russtache is on a distinguished road

Gee I thought those things felt a bit light. haha
I should have photoshopped the pupils larger, that would have started an animated discussion.

Old 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Replaced the fuel pump in the Jimmy today. I went with another $30 Amazon special. The last one made it two years. I did cut a hole in the floor this time. I will get some pics of how I sealed it up later.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:14 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Finally... After two years of searching!

Old 12-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Finally... After two years of searching!

Nice find! I need to start looking for one or just build one.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?