General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 03:40 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Nice setup blazen_red. But you do know they make bike racks a adaptable to tire carriers? Lol

Old 02-26-2018, 09:02 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

eh, I did what I could with what I had lol

Old 02-27-2018, 07:15 PM
canadianbacon is on a distinguished road

Changed out my worn out bottom door pin on my drivers door, don't need to slam it anymore for it to properly catch on the strike plate.

Old 02-27-2018, 08:17 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road
Default New blazer

Helped my stepson with the acquisition of a 97 4dr 4wd blazer.
The guy practically gave it to us for $600. Needs a little TLC, but it's roadworthy. Can't complain. Yet. 😁👍

Last edited by GreenBlazer2002; 03-02-2018 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:55 PM

Mated a MINT steering wheel I scored from an Avalanche with only 45k on it from the junk yard to some extra steering wheel controls I had kicking around in the garage

Half the lights are burned out in my current radio controls, so this will take care of that. And it'll also replace the scuffed up steering wheel that's in it now, which WAS mint at one point too, then I let the mother-in-law borrow the Blazer for a few months and it came back looking like garbage... oh well, lesson learned there I guess :P

Old 03-02-2018, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Mated a MINT steering wheel I scored from an Avalanche with only 45k on it from the junk yard to some extra steering wheel controls I had kicking around in the garage

Half the lights are burned out in my current radio controls, so this will take care of that. And it'll also replace the scuffed up steering wheel that's in it now, which WAS mint at one point too, then I let the mother-in-law borrow the Blazer for a few months and it came back looking like garbage... oh well, lesson learned there I guess :P
Score! Nice to know of additional vehicles with interchangeable parts.

Old 03-02-2018, 01:46 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

I'm wondering how easy it would be to install one of this on mine. Stock stereo needed? Extra wiring?
my foster dad had a zr2 with all the bells and whstles and 33's. Was pissed at him when he traded in for a 2000 durango( which I also loved).

ever since then I've wanted a blazer just like it. But since then I've set my heart on the 4 door... she' rough but I'll get her up to par.

comes next weekend I'll be ordering my 2.5 r/c kit, cv axles, and steering components including the zq8 steering box.

but enough of that. For today I parked on an ice mountain which on the one side looks like a cliff... a few weeks ago the display on my deck kinda gave out, couple of days ago while plugging in my aux cord it fixed itself lol. Other then that no new updates

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-20180302_104106.jpg  
Old 03-02-2018, 05:10 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough
Default Added Rear Sway Bar

Today I installed a factory rear sway bar on my 89 S15 Jimmy. I pulled the sway bar from a S10 Blazer in the junkyard. It is a forward mount sway bar.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Score! Nice to know of additional vehicles with interchangeable parts.

Yeah the late 90's and early 2000's full size GM's used the same steering wheel, same steering column for the most part as well if I'm not mistaken. Heck if you can find one in good usable shape, you could throw on a wood-grain inlaid Escalade wheel if you really wanted too

Originally Posted by DonL
I'm wondering how easy it would be to install one of this on mine. Stock stereo needed? Extra wiring?
I have mine wired into a module that adapts the factory controls on the wheel to an aftermarket radio so that they control my Pioneer deck. My 04 didn't originally come with the controls, I converted it. Need the steering wheel controls (obviously... don't really need the entire steering wheel really, you can bolt the controls to a wheel that never had the controls, but you'll want the plastic cover panel that is screwed onto the back side of the wheel), the clock spring mechanism behind the wheel, and if I recall correctly the clock spring has the harness built into it that runs down under the dash to a plug that runs up to the radio, but I never used that so I cannot comment any more on that if just plugging it in will make it work with a factory radio or not...

Old 03-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Starting Member
Snap-Off is on a distinguished road

Replaced the belt and tensioner finally. At least this one's not floppin around like a wet noodle.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?