General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 02:10 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Finally got my tire carrier, spare tire, and trailer hitch cover on. It's been a long few years searching but I'm glad I finally found one. Now my truck feels complete. A bonus is that the rear tire doesn't obscure my license plate back up camera either, so I'm not really losing much rear view.

Old 12-21-2019, 02:27 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Finally got my tire carrier, spare tire, and trailer hitch cover on. It's been a long few years searching but I'm glad I finally found one. Now my truck feels complete. A bonus is that the rear tire doesn't obscure my license plate back up camera either, so I'm not really losing much rear view.

Did you mount the tire lower than where it normally goes on the carrier?

Old 12-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Looks great! I need to find me one. I'm about to give up and just build something. The hitch cover is awesome!

Old 12-21-2019, 02:31 PM
BF Veteran

Also, any pictures of how you did the mounting of the tire carrier to the rear quarter panel and the lift-gate?

Old 12-21-2019, 06:41 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
Did you mount the tire lower than where it normally goes on the carrier?
Originally Posted by christine_208
Also, any pictures of how you did the mounting of the tire carrier to the rear quarter panel and the lift-gate?
I'll answer both your questions : Nope. I finally had the time to mess with it myself so all I did was line it up with the factory holes. My truck originally came with a swing out carrier ( it's a two door, I was only posting in the four door thread because I wasn't sure about a few things ). The previous owner of my Blazer had removed the one it came with and refused to sell it to me so I spent over two years almost looking for another one. This came off a 1995 Blazer and it fit perfectly, lined right up. I did zero modifications. All it took was a T-30 torx for the lift gate bolts and a T-50 torx for the quarter panel bolts. My window even clears the tire no issues.

Originally Posted by Hess13x
Looks great! I need to find me one. I'm about to give up and just build something. The hitch cover is awesome!
Haha thank you, as soon as I found that it was legal in New Mexico to have one, I bought it. Florida actually treats these as explosives and will fine or jail you over them.

Old 12-22-2019, 09:07 AM
Beginning Member
4thgenceli is on a distinguished road

More was yesterday - but got the TBI wiring fixed up and reconnected - Alternator and air pump loosely hung. Discovered a stripped hole on the passenger front exhaust head - need to drop it and re-tap the hole to hopefully repair it. Debating on just offloading all the SMOG crap and getting some headers on there to not deal with it anymore. Just not sure if that's gonna fudge up the systems.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:47 PM
BF Veteran

Jury-rigged a ring that sits in the mouth for the radiator cap from which to hang a sacrificial anode for my aluminum radiator. I got the idea from a picture I saw on a Corvette forum. I still need to go for test drive to check that it works. ( I have a write up of this in my build thread)

Last edited by christine_208; 12-22-2019 at 03:05 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:46 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

I made up a set of rock sliders this weekend all I have to do is paint and mount now

Old 12-22-2019, 08:48 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Looking good?

Old 12-22-2019, 08:49 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
I made up a set of rock sliders this weekend all I have to do is paint and mount now
Very nice! Can't wait to see them mounted. Almost how I plan to build mine.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?