General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Beginning Member
Domvieyra is on a distinguished road

I cruise around. You have the blue blazer with the low miles, will you be rolling out soon?

Old 02-23-2020, 10:48 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Well, I decided to let the LS3 go to a different home... Would have LOVED to swap it into my Blazer, but I just don't see it happening ANY time in the near future... So, I sold it...

And then turned around and used the money from the sale and bought two Yamaha ATV's and a trailer to haul them, for the wife and I to enjoy

Old 02-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Well, I decided to let the LS3 go to a different home... Would have LOVED to swap it into my Blazer, but I just don't see it happening ANY time in the near future... So, I sold it...

And then turned around and used the money from the sale and bought two Yamaha ATV's and a trailer to haul them, for the wife and I to enjoy

sounds like a win to me

Old 02-27-2020, 06:08 PM
Mods is on a distinguished road

How does the blazer like towing all that? looks like alot of weight.

Old 02-27-2020, 06:23 PM
Starting Member
Trukntigger is on a distinguished road

They are trucks, frame suspension and decent motor power, you just make sure gear select on automatics is in D3 and not main D (overdrive) mode. I pull a utility trailer and a fishing boat around and in out of lake with no issue and I know guy out west in Idaho I think pulls a darn heavy sailboat in the mountains without trouble. Looks made for the job and with those if you get stuck the 4 wheelers pull you out!

Old 02-27-2020, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trukntigger
They are trucks, frame suspension and decent motor power, you just make sure gear select on automatics is in D3 and not main D (overdrive) mode. I pull a utility trailer and a fishing boat around and in out of lake with no issue and I know guy out west in Idaho I think pulls a darn heavy sailboat in the mountains without trouble. Looks made for the job and with those if you get stuck the 4 wheelers pull you out!
Ditto on using 3 and not Overdrive for towing. I burned up my transmission by using OD.

I use my Blazer to tow 2,200 lbs of boat and trailer up some steep grades (e.g. 1,700 ft in 6 miles). For peace of mind I added an OBD-II gauge reader to monitor the transmission fluid temp, had installed an extra cooler for the transmission when I had it rebuilt, and also installed an all aluminum 2" thick radiator.

Old 02-28-2020, 11:53 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mods
How does the blazer like towing all that? looks like alot of weight.
Not terribly bad actually. Doesn't help having oversized tires and stock gearing lol, but yeah keeping it in 3rd and knowing you can't pull out in traffic is a good idea.

Now that I'll actually be hauling weight around with it more, I plan on finally installing the auxiliary trans cooler I've had in the garage for over a year lol.

Old 02-29-2020, 01:01 AM
Beginning Member

Bout two weeks ago, I listened to the tire shop who installed the rubber on the aluminum. They wrote "rear" on two tires. I lowered my 4dr jimmy and tried to install 1 unmarked on the front... It rubbed the tie rod end... Take a look at the pictures... I started refurbishing the rims, bought a pair of spacers. The ****ers labeled the rubber wrong... Moral of the story "just cuz they make money changing tires don't mean they know a god damned thing about jimmys." Also the rims were stamped "rear" and "front".

Old 02-29-2020, 07:58 AM
Mods is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Domvieyra
Bout two weeks ago, I listened to the tire shop who installed the rubber on the aluminum. They wrote "rear" on two tires. I lowered my 4dr jimmy and tried to install 1 unmarked on the front... It rubbed the tie rod end... Take a look at the pictures... I started refurbishing the rims, bought a pair of spacers. The ****ers labeled the rubber wrong... Moral of the story "just cuz they make money changing tires don't mean they know a god damned thing about jimmys." Also the rims were stamped "rear" and "front".
sounds about right for a tireshop. Atleast it didnt cause any damage (right?)

Old 02-29-2020, 08:18 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Mods
sounds about right for a tireshop. Atleast it didnt cause any damage (right?)
No, bought some unneeded spacers. Those can be returned.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?