General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Hadyss is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Jimmybuild
got pulled over Friday for a roadside safety. I guess the big tires and loud exhaust got some attention. They finally clued in i had no cat.....thank god they gave me 24 hrs to repair...so in short the trucks a little quieter now but better then the fine.
I haven’t had a cat for over 3 years they don’t care about it here in sask canada

Old 09-06-2020, 07:59 PM
Beginning Member
98BlazerLt20 is on a distinguished road
Default A little TLC

I had to replace the pesky and well-hidden EVAP Vent-Valve Solenoid which was (before I discovered it) pouring fuel into my driveway. After panicking, and realizing it wasn’t a punctured fuel tank, $30 fixed the issue. I then replaced the hydraulic lift-gate arms fire to mine being totally worn-out.

I also cleaned my TB, and discovered I need a new belt-tensioner (yay!). And finally, I replaced the old air filter.

SO FAR... this thing is in amazing shape to have 283,xxx miles on it. Just planning on a spark plug replacement, a MAF replacement, and replacing the old exhaust system. I believe my final step will be to replace/repair all of my pan gaskets, and buy a new alternator, just ‘

cause!

Old 09-06-2020, 09:35 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Took a 1 hour round trip with it after getting the intake thrown back together yesterday. Proud to report that it runs great, no check engine light, and no leaks!

Almost like I've done it before

Old 09-06-2020, 09:38 PM

Replaced my driver rocker panel

Old 09-07-2020, 05:21 PM
Beginning Member
98BlazerLt20 is on a distinguished road
Default Today:

I replaced the tensioner pulley, serpentine belt, and cleaned the throttle body. I also looked in the glovebox (haven’t since I bought it three days ago) and discovered this little gem -

Old 09-07-2020, 07:57 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Hadyss
I haven’t had a cat for over 3 years they don’t care about it here in sask canada
It's a Federal thing in the US although some localities won't give a **** about it.

Old 09-07-2020, 10:09 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

Towed the ATV's out to the woods and had a good day with the miss's out on the trails Got rained out lol but still had a blast!

Old 09-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
Originally Posted by Hadyss View Post
It's a Federal thing in the US although some localities won't give a **** about it.
Here in NY, they put the vehicle on the computer. I've never seen them look for the physical presence of the Cat. My cat was there, but burned out. I took out the downstream sensor, zip tied it to the inside of the frame, and plugged the port. No code, no problem...

Old 09-08-2020, 02:15 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Here in California, they visually check the cat, verify that it's the proper CA-approved part number, and make sure the downstream O2 sensor is still in place. Pretty hard to get away with anything here. That's why our air is so clean.

Old 09-08-2020, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tom A
Here in California, they visually check the cat, verify that it's the proper CA-approved part number, and make sure the downstream O2 sensor is still in place. Pretty hard to get away with anything here. That's why our air is so clean.

the only time it looks like that here is if the humidity is really high which does happen but then it’s super hot out

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?