General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2022, 08:58 PM
Beginning Member
Brit is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Tom.
I wondered why the cruise control didn't work. Now I know! Apparently the clutch depressing (British term) function is to get around persons using the starter with the vehicle in gear - "nanny state' correctness in my opinion.
John

Old 12-16-2022, 09:08 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brit
Thanks, Tom.
Apparently the clutch depressing (British term) function is to get around persons using the starter with the vehicle in gear - "nanny state' correctness in my opinion.
I share that opinion, and that's exactly why I don't like the clutch switch. Because I WANT to be able to start my vehicle in gear. So, mine isn't hooked up, either. I didn't have to short the connector, though. Mine used to have an automatic transmission, so it just "works". Not complaining...

Old 12-16-2022, 09:13 PM
Beginning Member
Brit is on a distinguished road

Merry Christmas, Tom. Here's hoping for some snow for the 'fourby'.
John

Old 12-16-2022, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran

Thank you! Same to you!

Old 02-15-2023, 08:50 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road
Default Oil pan skid plate!!

Installed oil pan skid plate! A friend in Arizona found the mounting brackets at a junk yard. Impossible to find online. Had him ship them to me so hell yes!!!!!

Used the stock bolts with new thin wide washer and didn't use the square washers in the picture. The stock bolts wouldn't be long enough to safely engage the threads on the nuts.

Now I have all matching slid plates on aside from maybe an eventual rear diff one. But I'm not a rock-crawler or hardcore offroader. Definitley less wind noise when driving. Sleek.

Last edited by BlazerDog97S10; 02-15-2023 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2023, 12:47 PM
GrantFBeach is on a distinguished road

Finally wrapped up all my front facing lights. Pics of them to come, but here's my build so far.

6" rough country lift
IronMan 33" M/T
Steel Bumper

Rugcel Gripway 13,500lb winch
Rough Country light bar (to be replaced with 2 Nilight bars and 4 Nilight 4" lights)

Old 03-09-2023, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran

Great looking rig!

Old 03-13-2023, 04:09 PM
GrantFBeach is on a distinguished road
Default Only a few things left to do

I've finished the lights and front bumper etc the way I want. Next step is a roof rack/basket, rear spare tire mount, and rear lights. Also will be rebuilding the transmission and potentially doing a cat delete in the near future.

Old 03-27-2023, 11:48 PM
Beginning Member
AV8R Transport is on a distinguished road
Default DASH R&R fun

Finished, replacing the digital dash fist time working on my- new to me- 1991 blazer, went well now I have a charging system that works!

Old 04-02-2023, 02:15 AM
Beginning Member
Oldbob is on a distinguished road

I started rebuilding my center console armrest. As far as I could tell, it was made entirely of duct tape.
Got that all stripped and found a good cover and some degraded foam underneath. Nothing else. So I used a sheet of aluminum cut to fit and some closed cell foam I had laying around to get it back in shape.

Duct tape residue

Nothing inside

Not professional but acceptable so far

While I had it apart I stuck some magnets in the end to trip a reed switch if/when I get around to putting lights in the console.

Still need to do the hinge attachment and decide if I can make a latch or have to buy one.

Last edited by Oldbob; 04-02-2023 at 02:21 AM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?