General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AJBert
I threw a 4 point bull elk in the back of my Blazer, by myself, this past Friday morning. Well, "threw" may not be the correct term. I did cut it up into five pieces and I have been paying for it since as my back has been killing me. A word of advice for anyone who hunts elk, never EVER attempt this at all. I am still crying a little every time I get up out the recliner.
Congrats, man! Your freezer must be packed.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

I had my trailer with me but it didn't have the clearance to get to where I pulled the elk out. And the freezer will be full tomorrow as that is when my wife and I will do the butchering. I have also learned, yet knew better, than to go elk hunting alone. I had no choice this year and the freezer was bare. If I find myself in that situation again, I will beg, plead and bribe anyone within 100 miles for help.

Last edited by AJBert; 11-12-2019 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:17 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Had my Rigid Industries lightbar put on. Had custom switches for it put in because unfortunately the fog light switch I had bought from Jensen shorted out. Had my skid plates put on. Differential and transmission torn apart and serviced (I swear to god this truck drives like new now) and a Curt trailer hitch put in. All in all, I'm very happy where my Blazer is at now and can't wait to hit trails in New Mexico when I move.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:05 PM
Hess13x is on a distinguished road

I installed my new/used driver's window. The power window hasn't worked for a few years so I bought a whole driver's door. Swapped out the window and manual window regulator.

I want to give Christine208 a huge thank you! Thanks for the pdf! With that info I pulled off the swap in under 2 hours. That includes stripping the donor door and install into mine and having it all working.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:51 PM
blazen_red_4x4 will become famous soon enough

That picture confuses the hell out of me lol

Old 11-13-2019, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
That picture confuses the hell out of me lol
I'm sure it will make a few people scratch their heads!

Old 11-14-2019, 04:43 AM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

I kind of like it. Anyone who sees that is just gonna go, "Huh?".

Old 11-14-2019, 05:23 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Hess13x
I installed my new/used driver's window. The power window hasn't worked for a few years so I bought a whole driver's door. Swapped out the window and manual window regulator.

I want to give Christine208 a huge thank you! Thanks for the pdf! With that info I pulled off the swap in under 2 hours. That includes stripping the donor door and install into mine and having it all working.
Are the rest of the doors power windows? Sucks being the only one having to crank your window lol...

Old 11-14-2019, 08:42 AM

Lol yes Don all the other windows are still power. The guy I bought the donor door from had a couple power window ones but didn't know if they worked. So instead of taking a chance I went with the manual that I knew would work. The guy has 10 1998-2001 s10 and blazers he is parting out so I gave him my number and told him I would be back. He has 2 zr2s that have good flares that I want.

Old 11-14-2019, 11:10 AM
BF Veteran
DonL will become famous soon enough

Nice!! Extra flares are always good to have, theres a full set on sale arou d me for 100, been debating on them. Looking more for a zr2 axle...

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?