General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2023, 07:51 PM
Starting Member
BlazerDog97S10 is on a distinguished road

Installed cruise control module, the mounting bracket and the switch. The plug for the module was already there but capped off. So I thought HMMMMMMMMM....let's see if this works; and it does! I have cruise now! This makes those long drive so much more enjoy.

Last edited by BlazerDog97S10; 08-24-2023 at 08:04 PM.
Old 08-24-2023, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlazerDog97S10
Installed cruise control module, the mounting bracket and the switch. The plug for the module was already there but capped off. So I thought HMMMMMMMMM....let's see if this works; and it does! I have cruise now! This makes those long drive so much more enjoy.

Your Blazer didn't have cruise control?

Nice fix!

Old 08-24-2023, 10:54 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by BlazerDog97S10
The little things all add up. Good idea on the relays. I'll try to replace my fuel pump relay and maybe that'll fix his random starting issue.
Thanks.

So far so so good on my end.

Be sure to report if replacing the fuel pump relay helps you.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:17 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
Your Blazer didn't have cruise control?

Nice fix!
Thanks. My Blazer was as basic as you could get. Slowly improving the hell out of him.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:18 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
Thanks.

So far so so good on my end.

Be sure to report if replacing the fuel pump relay helps you.
Good to hear. And I sure will let folks know if it fixes anything.

Old 08-25-2023, 12:58 PM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

Well, I guess in an effort to get rid of the 'New Member' tag after being a member for almost 8 years, I guess I should post some if the things I've had to do while I'm doing them. On that note, today I replaced the blend door actuator as part of the ongoing 'let's see if I can get down to absolutely ZERO codes' effort on this 24 year old 235K mile truck that's gone from 'just to haul the dog to the park so the good vehicles don't get hair everywhere' into a vehicle that I just don't want to get rid of no matter what. It also reminds me that there IS something watching over me and whatever it is, it hates me! Case in point, if you have a flex head ratchet or the Harbor Freight 'every which way but straight' flexible, bendable, t-handle ratchet (still a good buy even if the flex portion needs wrapped in tape because of its super weak detent system), then you CAN replace the actuator without pulling the entire dash out. You only need to drop the glove box door all the way down and perform a few advanced yoga techniques in order to reach the two 7/32" screws. You then micro click your way until those two screws are out, wrestle a little bit to get it off the blind 3rd post in the back and it comes out relatively easy. However! After figuring out that the double D blend door post has to match up with the new actuator before it will slide back on (at this point, even a 25 year old's back and knees should be in pain from the contortions, much less my severely abused 50 year old ones), you need to start those two little screws before you can micro click your way down to secure... This is the moment the Universal Constant has been waiting patiently for in order to show their unbridled hatred for me... I dropped the screw... After weaving a tapestry of profanity a la Christmas Story, I did what any other lunatic would do, I removed all the lower dash panels to retrieve the screw... and it wasn't there... Added another few panels to the afore mentioned tapestry and did what comes naturally to old knuckle busters like myself, I raided all the loose screw bins in search of another 7/32 screw of the appropriate length and thread. I came up short on 7/32 headed ones but did have some close enough in length and thread in a 5/16 head so in it went. The good news is, the HVAC now blows hot when set to hot but only blows tepid when set to cold but that's due to some A/C issues that will have to wait for another day.. The important thing is, it no longer waffles back and forth every 5 seconds because the original actuator had a gear cracked almost completely in two causing it to perpetually hunt for the stops it just couldn't reach because of that.
Hope it helps someone or at least brought a smile or chuckle to someone else who's endured this same 'rite of passage' on these trucks. If I'd known what a PITA it was, I'd have changed it out when I had the whole dash out tochang the heater core but THAT job had even more unexpected problems that took me years to finally correct.

Old 08-25-2023, 01:03 PM
99Moneypit is on a distinguished road

Whoops, double post. Please delete.

Last edited by 99Moneypit; 08-25-2023 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2023, 01:51 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by 99Moneypit
... perform a few advanced yoga techniques ...
Many of us have been there too! LOL

Old 08-30-2023, 07:40 PM
Beginning Member
03blaZeR2 is on a distinguished road

Quad beam mod and oem fog light update

Oem fog light swap with LED bulbs

Installed using factory headlight switch with fog light switch. Made a latching relay system to use the oem switch
updgraded to oem fog lights and utilized an oem switch with fog lights.

Old 08-30-2023, 07:50 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 03blaZeR2

Quad beam mod and oem fog light update

Oem fog light swap with LED bulbs

Installed using factory headlight switch with fog light switch. Made a latching relay system to use the oem switch
updgraded to oem fog lights and utilized an oem switch with fog lights.
Holt ****, that winch is slick!!!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?