General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 01:06 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sittin at the salvage yard waiting to see if they have the weather stripping I need for the back glass. BUT good news they still have the grill guard, and they want $45 for it. Hope it's in decent shape, but I'm gonna refinish it anyways.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:26 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Got the engine at my dads

We've started cleaning old parts, looking for bolts (my dad lost a flywheel bolt), and my hubby is working on my exhaust.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:13 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Lifted!

Pics in my album.

Time for a drink, I'm pooped.

Old 05-30-2010, 12:20 AM

First off, congrats CNY, now just post in the "Calling all lifted" thread and your in our club, LOL. And finally we see this "engine" we heard so much about BlazerChick, glad you got it. I see much much carb cleaner, brushes and shop towels in your future... but it's all fun and makes the build memorable.

BTW all the weather stripping at the salvage yard was brittle and rotted. And the grille guard was welded to the frame instead of bolted to the bumper. Grrrrr!

But got my Big 3 wire's cut and ready to be crimped and installed. 1/0 gauge wire.

If anyone has any ideas on how to crimp these terminals, PM me. I'm used to blistering my hands crimping with channel locks. But these look like they might be my match...

Old 05-30-2010, 02:20 AM
99blaz is on a distinguished road

Figured out the cause of my coolant leak. Pretty sure its my water pump, maybe a head gasket too. Then ripped off my cracked valance to take out my anger lol...looks pretty good actually.

Old 05-30-2010, 03:08 AM
Beginning Member
bumpinBEATS95 is on a distinguished road

painted my new grille, and installed both it and my new bumper

http://tinypic.com/r/hwk6fo/6

Last edited by bumpinBEATS95; 05-30-2010 at 03:14 AM. Reason: pic was big, traded out for url
Old 05-30-2010, 02:23 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah but what sucks is I'm not allowed to do any of the painting or cleaning. Due to me being 8 months preggo... gay. So I got to wash the Jeep and Burban instead. I had to take steel wool to the Burban to get the brake dust off the side which of course took some of the clear coat off. Anyway time to go watch my hubby and dad d everything.

Oh and the engine is getting repainted. Pink and black lol.

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 05-30-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:51 PM

^Wow, pink and black, I didn't see that coming... joking

Spent about an hour trying to get the bolts off the side bracket on the front bumper. Who ever came up with the smooth head bolt that just spins with the nut needs to be lynched in public for that thought! So the bumper relocation is called off. I'll just pay the 4x4 shop to take care of it. I know when to let someone else do something else I kill myself or the blazer, ha ha.

Got the battery terminals off and just have to find a small socket for the power wire on the back of the alt. Once the big 3 is done I'll jump on the gap guards and redoing the undercoating. Hopefully I get the big 3 done, gap guards and undercoating. Cause tomarrow I'm gonna clean it out and drive up to Summersville and some nice places and take pics. There's the Kanawha Falls and some small little waterfalls on the way, should get some nice pics.

Alright I've cooled off enough to go back outside, it's hotter than a electric blanket in a saunna out there.

Old 05-30-2010, 07:06 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I cleaned snow off it yesterday. 3 days away from June. This is really starting to get old.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:14 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RangerG
I cleaned snow off it yesterday. 3 days away from June. This is really starting to get old.
WTF!!!!!
We haven't had a day under 28*C in like 9 days lol

Thats nuts

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?