General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Had the mounting plates for my bull bar re-slotted 2" higher so I could tuck it higher and match the body lift. Looks better IMO.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
4x4VegasDan is on a distinguished road

Woke up this morning and adjusted my carburetor, then when for a drive came back and my radiator was spitting coolant all over the driveway. Took the shroud off and it was crack at the top kinda by the upper hose. Bought new radiator, put it in flushed it, Good to go. Oh I also picked up some hinges for my rear hatch. Got my exhaust done yesterday. Nothing special. At least I have a tail pipe now. Failed my emissions test. High CO levels at high rpm.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:06 AM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Alright so I talked to my engine guy. And he says I need to get a Three Angle Valve Job and Valve Springs to match my new cam. So this means I have to find the box from my Cam and hope the Spec. Card is in there and that my drunken dad didn't lose it. I'm also in the process of pulling numbers off my engine while I have it apart. Right now I've come up with 2 numbers from the top rear of the motor. But I'm also gonna get my Head numbers and whatnot. I've got pics of the motor too... but they are on my hubby's camera and we forgot the cord... I think. So I'll take some pics with my Cell tomorrow when it's brighter, (although way hotter, and this heat is taking a toll on me being preggo lol)

Old 06-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

After a trip to Reading Pa this weekend, it looks like my passenger hub is shot.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Changed rear brakes and serviced diff and axle seals. Cant bleed the left front cause the bleeder is stuck shut and stripped. Guess Im getting 2 calipers and new rotors when I do the front end soon.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:27 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally got something (small) done today, (also uncovered a bad problem too).

Got gap guards mounted on the front. Made them from big floor mats you cut to shape for the trunk/cargo area of vehicles. Looks redneck, so it fits with me and the rest of the truck!

Bad news is the CEL light came on while going to advance to get replacement panel clips for the gap guards. Stumbled while accelerating and had a gurgle/pop in the exhaust note on deaceleration. Also had a faint whiteish smoke when I checked the oil dipstick and also when I popped the oil fill cap, even though the oil level is right where it should be. Hope it's nothing severe and dropping it off at the shop tomarrow.

Great, going to the repair shop on my birthday, awesome lol Might be getting an auto bill payed for instead of the H.O. alternator alright I'm done.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:58 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about

Got the exhaust done friday. Put a flow on and now instead of the exhaust coming out of the back and turned down like it was stock, I have the exhaust coming out of the side of the blazer right before the rear tire. Looks good .

Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

So.... No ones accomplished a damn thing on thier Blazer in four days now? You slackers

As far as my blazer, this is all I gotta say...

250amp AD244 alternator. I'm so excited about this install!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I have the same alternator.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

not a bloody thing...need a nice humid day to spray paint the grill matte black and to get windshield washer jets thingsys for the hood...and more fluid lines..and put in the green emblem..so much to do...so little motivation..told sinc ei have NO bolts in the fender well from the accident..i need ot get atleast 2 or 3 in there to make it look like its holding on strong..so...that means wratchet strapping the front end to pull the holes closer together since there's like an inch difference..and wanna get shackles on it and crank it 1 inch but like i said..no motivation... it just sits idle 23 hours a day almost every day..debating on contacting the ex to see if he can't get my a cheap bullbar so i can put even MORE lights on the front lol..glad my battery can hold all this crap hooked up to it lol..

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?