General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Starting Member
chiefum is on a distinguished road

Replaced side mirror that I broke......

Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Nothing much, just changed the oil and bought some driving lights. Not going to be able to get around to installing the lights today though...

Old 07-17-2010, 03:35 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Converted my KC daylighters yo HID. the color is 4300k.

This pic shows the difference between HID and the 130 watt kc bulbs.

Both converted

Both on the garage door at noon thats just how bright they are

Old 07-17-2010, 05:22 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

nothing at all getting washed tomorrow thought. and just maybe a repaint in its future

Old 07-17-2010, 08:55 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Moved my C.B. to my overhead console and routed the wires and coax above the headliner.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-0717101824-00.jpg  
Old 07-17-2010, 11:17 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Senshi09
Which leads me to ask, what the hell is an easier way to get to the #3 spark plug.

buy yourself a 5/8 sparkplug socket with the universal joint on it, remove the inner rubber boot-this gives you an extra 1/2" depth (or so), use 2 12" and 1 6" extensions, turn your wheels all the way to the right, and go @ 'er from behind the left tire.

easy as pie.

and no busted knuckles. although you'll soon forget a few of your choice curse words, from lack of use.

Originally Posted by zedartwo
I had to use Champion for now. Just copper something or other.
that would be the Champion Copper truck plugs.

awsome plugs! and they last forever. in fact, i think in the 4 years (yes 4 years) i had them in my Jimmy, i only had to regap them once.

although i still checked them every Spring & Fall.

today, well actually yesterday (since i started typing before midnight), i replaced the right hub.

sounded like it had square bearings in it!

also foundout that the creaking/clunking bj noise i've been hearing for the last month (or so) aren't the factory originals-they're bolted in WITHOUT GREASE NIPPLES INSTALLED!!!!

so it looks like whoever did it for her (the original owner) obviously never knew what they were doing. that's pretty bad that they were replaced long before i bought the truck w/158K on it.

oh yeah, i'm gonna be doing the front sway bar links too. they looked pretty dry 'n flakey.

oh well, @ least the truck is the colour of money-'cause i'm sure gonna be dumping some into it in the near future!

guess it's about time i actually had to invest some $$$$ into it.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 07-17-2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: damn keyboard errors!
Old 07-18-2010, 12:15 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got stuck in the mud in the field that everyone parks in for the Putnam County Fair. I really need to get my front gears and a locker in the rear... Blazers never looked better, all covered in mud.

Old 07-18-2010, 01:03 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Went to the Michigan blazer gtg and watched everyone except eztec get stuck and pull them out. mine made great storage while we were on the trails haha

Old 07-18-2010, 07:33 AM
Starting Member
01BlackBeauty is on a distinguished road

Just came across this thread, so here is a summary of what I've done to my '01 LS 2Dr since I bought it about a month ago:

Viper remote entry alarm system

New cap/rotor/plug wires/spark plugs/pcv valve/fuel filter

K&N CAI system

Repaired rear window actuator
Replaced rear window lift struts
Replaced seat recliner handles

Today I plan on crawling under it and changing the differential & transfer case fluids, chassis/cv/u-joint lube and transmission filter/fluid change.

Old 07-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Starting Member
Senshi09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

buy yourself a 5/8 sparkplug socket with the universal joint on it, remove the inner rubber boot-this gives you an extra 1/2" depth (or so), use 2 12" and 1 6" extensions, turn your wheels all the way to the right, and go @ 'er from behind the left tire.

easy as pie.

and no busted knuckles. although you'll soon forget a few of your choice curse words, from lack of use.

Ahh so basically use a swivel socket with a few long extensions. The one thing i did forget to do the otherday was move my tire all the way to the right. Didn't think about a swivel although i was staring at it wondering if i should give it a go. In 3 months ill try it out then, hopefully it works for me. My neices wasn't to keen on hearing me cussing so much :P Thanks

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?