General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:20 PM
sgp7679 is on a distinguished road

Did my rag joint, new seatbelt clip, found hubcap I needed, did rear brakes. Question on rear brakes though. The drivers side rear wheel works fine but the passenger side rear doesnt get any fluid to it. Has new wheel cylinder. What causes this?

Old 08-08-2010, 12:14 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^^^ something must be blocking the line somewhere.

question, you did install the new wheel cylinder the right side up, right? (bleeder on the top)

as for myself, i've averaged a hair under 19mpg on the last 3 tanks since July 30th.

that includes a loaded truck heading up North & back, for our long weekend.

also used the Blazer to rescue my Buick, from my dumb-*** today. the car needs to have it's bi-annual etest by the 22nd, so i pulled all the plugs to check 'em (they've been in there for about 3 years now).

they were all picture perfect-until i snaped the top off the last one (cylinder #2, 3.8L). so of course i had to rush off to Crappy Tire-right @ the end of the day!

@ least it only cost me $16 for my screw up.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Starting Member
jackdough is an unknown quantity at this point

rear brakes, and pulled my bros gf out of the mud in her jeep. was a peice of cake good ol jimmy lol

Old 08-08-2010, 08:27 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Not today but yesterday, I had my rad done.

The guy was astonished at the amount of coolant I leaked in the parking lot.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:25 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Ordered 2 tires!
Coming in from TireRack by wednesday.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Been getting pissed off with my RKE/immobiliser remotes getting more & more unreliable - takes 7 or 8 presses to get them to work sometimes despite them both having new batteries in them. Was worried they would fail completely which is BAD NEWS on European Blazers because it stops the immobiliser from being disarmed - can't just use the key to unlock like US models.
So - decided to take one apart to investigate, didn't take long to find the problem. The contacts were just really dirty under the buttons, cleaned them up with a cotton bud & some alcohol & now I can stand 15 feet away & lightly press any button & the vehicle responds. That's another problem sorted - onto the next one!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:46 AM
Beginning Member
83Blazer4x4 is on a distinguished road

Did the cap, rotor, plugs, and plug wires. Replaced rear shocks. I can at least say they were not the original shocks, but a poor job of installing was done was able to take on lower retaining bolt off by hand. Replace rear glass hinges with wing. Its nice being able to open the glass with just one hand now. Painted the wing gunmetal grey , looks pretty sharp. Put on some new foglamps, have not got them wired up correctly just yet. Having to sort out the tangle of wires the previous owner left behind. Always fun.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:59 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I did this!!

He's got some growin to do lol.

Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Beginning Member
ddaw735 is on a distinguished road

I replaced the brakes on the front with thermos brakes and I cleaned and scuffed the rears up. Replaced the battery with a durmax gold (800 cc amps), and I did the pocket busting upper/ lower ballpoint replacement. I paid my mechanic to do that i wasn't confident enough to do it myself.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

Removed the radiator. Last Friday, we took the youth group from our church on a camping trip. While running errands earlier that day to get ready for the trip, the driver's side tank seperated from the core. I'm just happy that I was able to get the Blazer back home. Hopefully, within the next day or two, I will have a new one in and on/off the road again. In the meantime, I am using my Dad's '86 Chevy p/u. Fully restored and nicely done.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?