General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:35 PM
beyondbasic is on a distinguished road

just got my HID'S in will take pics tonight.

Old 09-04-2010, 06:45 PM
97chevyblaze is on a distinguished road

got my new magnaflow catalytic converter in, changed the oil, and painted my irocs now waiting for the new rubber & ill post some pics up!

Old 09-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well spet some money on her today. She got new spark plugs an a coollant flush. Next weekend it's both diffs an t-case/tranny time.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:39 AM
croozer is on a distinguished road

I put new spark plugs in this morning. My co-pilot woke me up early because she had to be at work at 6am on a Sunday... Blah..! So, why not tinker on the Blazer.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

I finally got off my a$$ and put on my front left fender flair. Only been a year without it...lol... Also washed the underside... About 2 cubic feet of mud came off...

Old 09-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default Well got back into the 93 4 door

Wow I cannot believe how much I need to wipe the inside down. I have not done it since I purchased it. I did one inside door and there was so much difference. I need to do the rest. Well what I did do today was fix the rear passenger door window. Now it goes up and down. Also found a clog in the coolent resavor. Cleaned that out so now I think I solve my upper radiator hose collapsing. If not I sovled the coolent job collecting more and more coolent but not letting any back into the system. A Peice of plastic was in the way in the jug. There was a metal thing I pulled out and then removed the plastic. Then when I pushed the metal thing back in. It created a little more plastic. Go figure. Then I checked why my back driver side door speaker was not working. I didn't check in the door. I checked the radio and wiring harness. The wiring is good but the wiring job is sub par. Probably going to have to fix it. At least they used a GMC to OEM adaptor. They tapped power off the power rear hatch switch. They didn't even attempt to get it from the wiring harness. Also they removed the glove box light and used that as a ground. For now I just put it back in. I'll volt test the yellow for power. and undo the ground. Then I need to find a glove box light. I also noticed the light for the ash tray is out. Also removed extra speaker wire going to back of truck. Like they had a box or something back there. But the sony cd player in it has the proper rca out. But I don't want to put a sub in the truck. I'm going to do that with my car.

TTFN,

Josh

Old 09-06-2010, 02:38 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Well wasent today but over the course of the weekend.

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/a...54302/pip2.jpg

Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Beginning Member
jerseydave is on a distinguished road

I spent a few hours today going over the interior, wiping it down, then finding and fixing all the anoying squeaks, rattles and assorted noises.
All those plastic pieces on the LT interior sure can make a racket when they get loose and squeaky. MUCH BETTER NOW!!!

I was so happy I gave her a bath.

Last edited by jerseydave; 09-06-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: I kant spel two gould
Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Well today she brought home.

1 4x8 plywood sheet
7 2x4x8 pt boards
2 4x4x8 posts

All on the roof rack. Went 12 miles 30-35mphs all back roads.

Old 09-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member
bluenick81 is on a distinguished road

Wasn't done today, but did some care on my '92 S10- Friday replaced the oe cruise control/turn signal/ wiper control lever with a new one, a healthy amount of needed front break work on Saturday, as well as finally removing the original wiperblade attachments, and putting a set of the common style wiperblades on. Finally just got tired of having to try and get to an autoparts store to find the inserts. Next project at some point this week will be trying my luck with a headlight upgrade kit, then some rust control measures, and at some point in the hopefully near future a paint job to bring the Blazer into one color scheme. All dark gray parts on the front half, blue and light gray on the rear half.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?