General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
Um.... found out my truck doesn't like to downshift when cruising. going to the "better" shop monday
When mine goes to downshift in cruise you hear shift BRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(motor shooting up to redline). Turn off cruise CLUNK CLUNK shifts back into gear and goes.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:53 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yea, Im starting to think its just a little glitch per say. Gonna start turning cruise off before hills. Mine is up-shift tho not downshift.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

dropped it off at my neighbors house so he can take it to his shop and look at it. he thinks its nothing big but won't know until he opens her up

Old 11-14-2010, 06:15 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Well keep us posted because I always use cruise.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

My cruise cable used to be a wire hanger... lol. Every bump I hit would make it rev lol... I didn't use it often. My Accel. has enough resistance that my leg doesn't hurt when driving long distances. On another note... an 04 Silvy has NO gas pedel resistance... I spun tires in that thing all the time. lol

Oh, and I painted some things pink today... I was bored... lol

Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Decided on the rims I'm getting... chrome reproduction Tahoe LTZ rims with no logos on the center caps... should be awesome, they're all mine once I pay off the truck... I'll probably end up spending about 2 grand on Sadie by the time I'm done doing what I want... and I want better sound in the cab too! ARGH

You could talk me into the silver too though... decisions decisions, silver = easier to take care of after the camp road...

Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

vn man (personally I'd take the top ones) I wish I only spent $2000 on my ride lol
I like the DC1's, vn rims in my view, got the black & contrast etc... but I'm moving in another direction at the moment. Hope all works out & they add the BLING you want.

& Sadie?... my blazer is all boy, my buddy lol, boat is the same way, well one boat is, other is Ms Reliable AKA "Inheritance" my friend & I got her for a good price, fixed her up & it was all on inheritance money (on his part & mine)<--- sad to say though, but in my mothers memory & him for his father, they're smiling as we fish!

Last edited by Rottidog; 11-14-2010 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice... yeah no everything I own is female... Hard to say I ride a male snowmobile lmao. And since when do you have a supercharger?

Old 11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i'd say the non chrome. i'm not a chrome guy so. yeah, i'll find out tomorrow whats wrong with mine. i usually drive cruise control also but when you need to pass someone and the truck doesn't downshift into power you get kinda worried ya know?

2 grand would be nice. cover the cost of repaired/new trans and some extra fun for me

Old 11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
Beginning Member
BlindLemonLars is on a distinguished road

Installed, wired and tested my 7-blade trailer connector...and more importantly, found the elusive wires I need to install my brake controller! After banging my head into the wall half of yesterday, it felt good to accomplish even this minor task.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?