General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 05:06 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Just replaced the bearing in the belt idler pulley, at least it was only a $5 fix and replaced the brake fluids.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

took her for a spin to return my tux and remember how awesome a fully sealed vehicle is!

I was summoned to marry my buddy and his wife (got ordained online ) and had to travel. since my wife HATES my blazer, and the suspension is still meessed up from the snow day, we took the Exploder. Long story short, in addition to being the minister, i was also in charge of picking up the reception keg.
The keg tipped in traffic and blew the entire rear hatch glass off the vehicle. the wire harness kept the rear wiper from dropping on to the road, but there was a nice trail of glass crumbs all the way back.

nothing a quick stop for ghetto plastic window insulation and tape couldn't "fix" and by fix i mean 'make-water-resistant-for-the-evening'.

Made for pretty good story

Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Not the Blazer but I replaced a tail light bulb on my wifes Envoy.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

wow! shatty deal :/

btw i call alcohol abuse on that :P bet the wife's pissed u didn't take the blazer now! haha

Old 01-09-2011, 10:03 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I'll have you know there was NO Alcohol Abuse! None! It was later consumed in glorious fashion via customized "Das Boot" style glasses for the minister/groomsmen/best man.

The wife was...heated... BUT as soon as the glass only claim was set up, with 0 deductable action, she was cool with it. Actually it put an end to a rather unneccessary "fight" we had been having during the drive up

Old 01-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

installed new cd player yesterday.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

cleaned out the back of my Blazer tonight-right after my brother accidentaly set og my fire extingisher!

kinda had to clean the whole truck quickly.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
yeah but what is that in real miles per hour

i'm surprised it took that as well as it did them. it is a nice trailer, and looked evenly loaded over the axles... but still surprising
that'd be 80-ish. and not surprising really, if you've seen some of the stuff i've hauled with it.

hell, my Jimmy towed my first 'Burb home. made it a little more than an hour into the 2 3/4 hour drive home before i realized i had disconnected the power wire for my electric brakes. hardly noticed it.

seriously.

Originally Posted by ABN31B
I was summoned to marry my buddy and his wife (got ordained online ) and had to travel. since my wife HATES my blazer, and the suspension is still meessed up from the snow day, we took the Exploder. Long story short, in addition to being the minister, i was also in charge of picking up the reception keg.
The keg tipped in traffic and blew the entire rear hatch glass off the vehicle. the wire harness kept the rear wiper from dropping on to the road, but there was a nice trail of glass crumbs all the way back.

nothing a quick stop for ghetto plastic window insulation and tape couldn't "fix" and by fix i mean 'make-water-resistant-for-the-evening'.

Made for pretty good story
that's what you get for driving a Ford!

seriously though, it's lucky that it only took out a rear window.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

intended target today - scoring up a tow hitch assembly! from there? maybe installed but i suspect not due to the majority of parts i need to gather up today n tomorrow - weekend project likely!

Old 01-10-2011, 10:34 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Cleaned off the two inches of ice from my truck and cranked it up to run for about 5-10 minutes.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Beginning Member
Mark95603 is on a distinguished road

Celebrated another milestone on Sunday: my baby passed its smog test

Next goalis to get the heater to work when I want it to, not just when it wants to

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?