General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

I replaced my fuel filter, and discovered a pretty bad overheat issue on the way back from taking some stuff to my storage unit. replaced the thermostat and added a gallon of coolant (it's still low) so going to add more tomorrow AM.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Starting Member
Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zedartwo
My dad has yet to fill his 08 F150. $120 doesn't even do it.

As for me. Drove a thought alot! Tried to pinpoint my "no *****" problem. And tried recreating it over and over. I can't, I just either get it running great or stumble and fall on its face. Never the same outcome. Used to be bad on hills, now great. Had o drive like a granny to get anywhere, now It depends on how it feels. It really irritating me because it usually happens when I need the power. I'm afraid to go on the highway. Got the codes read and I have O2 heater circuit bank 1 sensor 2, and good ole' random misfire. Chris mentioned TPS, but can that be intermittent? Like I have full throttle range sometimes but then others I give it half and it SLOWLY creeps up to about 2000 rpm and then jumps instantly to about 3000 and takes off.

I'm lost, but I'm glad my job is kinda close and no highways.
Worst case scenario but may not be the problem.

A misfire will put raw fuel into the catalytic converter. This in turn will tell the rear O2 sensor that your cat is clogged.

Try replacing the rear Sensor and doing a tune up. Hopefully the cat is ok

Today I didn't doing anything to the Blazer but I did notice an open vacuum line and I can't find its home. I have a PAUL 0288 is coming by tomorrow to do a comparison. I will no doubt be replacing some crusty looking vacuum lines though.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:31 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Frankiesurf
Worst case scenario but may not be the problem.

A misfire will put raw fuel into the catalytic converter. This in turn will tell the rear O2 sensor that your cat is clogged.

Try replacing the rear Sensor and doing a tune up. Hopefully the cat is ok
that was already done, and the cats already been removed.

the cat was done. it was chocking off the exhaust, causing the truck to fall on it's face. drilled a hole before the cat, got over 10lbs of back pressure. truck ran 1000% better after that, but it's still not perfect.

yet.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:22 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Yet lol I'm gonna take a look at the plugs maybe Monday, see if they are fowled. I'll check the wires too just to be safe. Might just be cheap *** wires that I bought. Gonna do delco anyways but I wanna figure this out.

Old 01-29-2011, 09:50 PM
stevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MTopper
how is this the only time you've filled up? you've had the pickup for how long now?
haha usually i only put about 20 bucks in it, which only gets me a little below half a tank
gas was 2.91 the other day and i filled it up, later on gas went up to 3.15
but yea the whole time ive had it, ive never had a full tank of gas

Old 01-29-2011, 10:25 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

if i still had my '91 3/4 ton chevy i wouldnt be able to fill it up, had a single tank that held about 40 gallons, from empty it would be over $100 to fill, the 20 gallon tank in the blazer and ranger is bad enough when they get low.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:47 AM
UberFail is on a distinguished road

i just try to keep er filled up! did nothing to the jimmy other than drove her, Saw "The Mechanic" tonite tho - give it about 7.5/10 for good movies! but its your regular run of the mill action packed movie full of explosions and gunfire!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:56 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by racsan
if i still had my '91 3/4 ton chevy i wouldnt be able to fill it up, had a single tank that held about 40 gallons, from empty it would be over $100 to fill, the 20 gallon tank in the blazer and ranger is bad enough when they get low.

don't feel bad. it costs me around $170 to fill my 'Burb. really sucked a couple of years ago when diesel sat around the $1.40/L mark.

but if i stop for fuel, i always fill it up. can't see the point in putting in just a splash here & there.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Starting Member
theonetruetom is on a distinguished road

at least your diesel burb will run on veggie oil. some places are dying to get rid of that stuff.

someone around here's got a CUCV blazer with the 6.2 Diesel that I wish i had the 2 grand for.

Last edited by theonetruetom; 01-30-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:41 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I helped a friend replace a fried encoded motor in his 2000 Bravada last night. It was only part of the problem, but a ste in the right direction. For some reason, my scan toll cannot see the front or rear prop shaft speeds. It can command the transfer case to lock up and that does definitely work. Very weird. He is going to ohm out the sensors and see what the output is when you spin each driveshaft. If that all checks out, then the ttfn is likely also bad.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?