General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Starting Member
InsanePyro is on a distinguished road

Got my grille off and primered it. Gonna Gloss Black it when I get home.

Probably try and get my bumpers painted as well

Old 02-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by racsan
i hate under-body stored spare tires, moved the one from the truck to the bed the day i bought it, took a while and ended up breaking off the hold-down bolt, if i had needed it alongside the road id have been out of luck. the 'blazer ive had the spare out and greased the cable, but the winch has a real "tight" feel to it and i may see about mounting it inside, id convert to a outside carrier but i hate the visability issue it causes and may make hooking up the trailer more difficult.
My winch and cable work/look perfect. It was just the damned secondary latch that was fubar'd. I use all other available space inside my truck on a routine basis so putting the spare anywhere else isn't an option.

Originally Posted by streblo
Nice, i think this is a project for me come spring..doesnst seem to always be engaging, but only noticed this in the colder than -25 weather so thinking cold/thick fluid might be a culperate.....will have to test out the g80 in warmer weather this spring and maybe service....that should just be a drain, clean, new gasket, new fluid job correct?..
Yeah, I went through 2.5 cans of brake clean getting it worked into everything. It does seem to be operating MUCH smoother now. One of the first observations I had was that the small counterweights were gummed up which was requiring more of a speed difference side to side for things to lock up and then once they did fly out, they didn't come back in properly. After cleaning them up, they now move very freely and this morning in the fresh 2" of snow, the locker worked GREAT! No more clunking. It locked right away. Still too early to see if it unlocked properly, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If this works out, I'll drain it again in the Fall and switch it back over to Synthetic. I put some cheap Napa 80w90 ($4 per qt with my discount) so I wasn't wasting $40 if I had to replace the diff.

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
glad i'm not the only one that has an issue with that system.

*snip*

was your latch stuck, or just really dirty Kyle?
The little hinged piece inside the secondary latch was froze up. Some penetrating oil, a hammer, a vice grip, jack, and 2 hours is all it took to get it down. What a PAIN! My neck still hurts from being jammed up under there!! I'll be dropping it every Spring & Fall now to keep it freed up.

Old 02-25-2011, 08:51 AM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

good to know. think about 2 years ago or so my buddy/mech who often does work for me so cheap its actually cheaper for me to go to work and have him to do it than spend my time on some things....anyways 2 years ago he threw in some new fluid in the back...I will have to check with him, who knows he probably didnt clean it out and just swapped the fluid...either way think ill have to make that a spring job.
Def have to get that done before i go out west and haul a trailer a few thousand km...and then spend 4 months in the mountains where i can go offroading every day

Old 02-25-2011, 08:59 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I did this now because the clunking was concerning me and I didn't want to have the thing blow out on me. Cleaning diffs is something I have always done even though many people seem to think it isn't necessary. I have cured many problems just by giving things a thorough cleaning.

Having a heated garage helped too! LOL

Old 02-25-2011, 09:11 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I put $57 in the tank yesterday for 17 gallons and then spend a dollar to spray all the crap off even though it snowed last night

Old 02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

lets see new ball joints, pitman arm, idler arm, tires, and trans put in.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:10 PM
chevytruckdood is on a distinguished road

new tires on, spare mounted and locked to roof rack, my new seat levers on (miniture vice grips) broke my rear hatch light switch (isnt even 3 weeks old lifetime warranty) , wrapped my hatch U clamp with tape so it would stop squeeking. in the process of repairing my window with DIY kit and turning out great should have taken before and after of my two chips. its really really easy and working awesome., oh organized the stuff in back of blazer with two small tubs and freed up space preparing for my road trip........

Old 02-25-2011, 08:14 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road

Got me some new air fresheners. 6 to be exact, gotta cover up the smell of burning oil some how! Other than that, it was way to cold to do anything at all today!

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-fresheners.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 11:32 PM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road

Luckily my dads got a somewhat heated shop.
My brother got a winch from work the supposedly didn't work. (turns out it does) so i decided to mount it to my blazer. Just for the hell of it lol. It only like a 4500 pound but o well cant argue with free.

Not finished yet but will take another stab at it tomorrow. Just need the electrical and to put the bumper on. O and to weld those receiver tubes on turns out stock bolts don't hold up to well for pulling out and F-250. But it did work

Old 02-26-2011, 12:54 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

for the 5th time, i replaced another ballast for my HID system.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?