General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 03:28 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Today, I replaced my crappy steering rag joint with a Borgeson u-joint. Much stronger!

Old 04-20-2019, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tom A
Today, I replaced my crappy steering rag joint with a Borgeson u-joint. Much stronger!
Didn't go with the flaming river?

Old 04-20-2019, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
Tom A will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cleburne red
Didn't go with the flaming river?
I decided to be different and go with the Borgeson stainless one. I had 100 Summit bucks that were about to expire, so it cost me like 6 bucks.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:01 PM
G0LFADD1CT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cleburne red
What about someone who would put them in for the low, low price of free!? You!

Ball joints are easy, man. Basic hand tools, and a decent place to work is all you need. If you were just slightly closer to Texas, you could bring it to my house, and we could knock it out on a Saturday

Also, to the dealer that wants $1500 to change four ball joints, you need to run far aways from them, and never go back!

Unfortunately I have nothing but dirt to work on and not enough time to do it. I'm considering buying a couple of sheets of 3'4" plywood to work off of, then I just need to find the time. I did turn the wheel and found that both ball joints have zirc fittings. I pulled out the grease gun and greased them all. Headed for You Pull It to find parts for the wife's car and by the time I got home almost all the squeek was gone. That at least buys me a little more time.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:39 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I feel ya man. I had to do a ton of work on mine in a driveway consisting of two 18" strips of concrete with dirt in the middle. I've since moved up to a two car garage, and it feels like chip Fooses shop in comparison lol

Old 04-20-2019, 08:44 PM
Beginning Member
Pat8987 is on a distinguished road

Finally finished putting everything back together after fuel pressure regulator and LIM gaskets were replaced.
Top up fluids and it started right away! Idled pretty good right off the bat, no lights. Looks good!
Gonna idle it a bit and flush coolant again tonight and go for a little drive tomorrow hopefully!

Old 04-21-2019, 05:28 PM
Bejaran is on a distinguished road

04/19
I went to pull a part and picked up a new (to me) radiator cap in better condition than mine. I picked up two door panels that someone had “hid” (sorry lol). I also found the two front bucket seats already removed also but the drivers side was full of shattered glass so I left it. I already swapped passenger seat going to take the seat cover and cushion off original passenger seat and change out with drivers side seat. I also found a cool wood grain console so I figured why not!

Old 04-21-2019, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

Replaced the rag joint with a Flaming River u-joint.

I think it is par for the course to get it back on at least one spline off. Of course you only know this after you go for test drive and when you go back in the exhaust manifold is hot! I was able to get the old rag-joint off with my Dremel too!

Big Thanks to Jamaroon for posting a great how-to.
https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...int-mod-91812/

AND...

I was able to install the front suspension and oil pan metal skid-plate shields I got from eshaw. Thanks! I'll have to do some modification to the one for the transfer case to get it to fit on my larger 4-button type.

Last edited by christine_208; 04-21-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:25 PM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bejaran
.. I also found a cool wood grain console so I figured why not!
I've been considering putting this same console in mine because of that wood grain... But I have a column shifter. So what do I put in place of the old shifter...Wireless charging dock? Another, larger cup holder?

Old 04-22-2019, 12:18 PM
Russtache is on a distinguished road
Default Cranked the New Engine

Got that thing cranked ... no mushroom cloud .... no shrapnel ...... thanks Hot Rod Company .....

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?