General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 AM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Then mine

Oh got my hood latch fixed last night

Old 05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
tri94bbc is on a distinguished road

I'm patiently waiting for the holiday weekend to pass, and visitors/ family to go back home so I can begin the dent removal project on my 94.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:26 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

got it stuck, in a grassy field used for parking at a small-town festival. was leaving and following a slow-moving trail of vehicles out to the road, couldnt really see the ground. all of a sudden when i went to go, it wouldnt. tried backing up, nope. was really soft and all 4 tires had settled, the rears couldnt grip enough to move out. and the really bad news is even though the '97 is a 4wd, the vaccum switch is stuck, making it a "live axle" regardles of which dash button is lit up, so a few months ago when we were done with the snow, i had pulled and plugged the vaccum line in a effort to be as fuel-effeceint as possible. glad i had tools with me. pulled the battery, removed the tray, uncapped the vaccum line and hooked it up to the acutator. the blazer had settled enough that it still didnt seem to want to move out in 4H, went to low range and walked right out. one of those times you never suspect you would need 4wd. wanted the wife to get pics, but she was embaresed and not wanting to get out, 89 degress too! i still havent unhooked the acutator. thinking of putting a posi-lock setup on, or a air valve so i dont have to go through something like that again. oddly enough, i was the only vehicle that got stuck, and after i had got stuck, everyone took a different line out of the field, if it hadnt been stop-and-go i think i would have made it out, but every time i stopped, 5,000 pounds wanted to sink in sligtly. skinny tires may be the ticket for snow, but some wider floatation tires may have helped out here. it was pretty funny when my daughter asked "what about 4 wheel drive?" i just said, "i have to go out and get it"

Old 05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
nismo_2005 is on a distinguished road

Lol to the guy above me.

I blacked out my upper grill and bow tie flat grill glods bow tie

Old 05-29-2011, 08:37 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

LMAO now thats funny! Good thing you had the tools with ya. Whenever I go out of the city I always bring along a "boy scout" assortment of things. Things people wonder wtf does he have THAT?! Ummm I'm using it right now to help you, good time to count your blessings! lol
This week I've gone full synthetic in CB including a quart of Lucas Mucas.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:58 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

racsan...i think you should look at the manual locking cable mod...just an idea.
great save though.

i agree, i always have a full tool box and assortment of fluids and duct tape,clamps and various sizes of zip ties and spare hose material and old serp belt.

i take two tool boxes with me everywhere...i figure the one time i dont will be when i need them most...i changed out a fuel pump in a parking lot once..had to walk mile to parts store for it and swapped it right there...i got alot of weird looks but no help offers. ohhh well.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
racsan...i think you should look at the manual locking cable mod...just an idea.
great save though.

i agree, i always have a full tool box and assortment of fluids and duct tape,clamps and various sizes of zip ties and spare hose material and old serp belt.

i take two tool boxes with me everywhere...i figure the one time i dont will be when i need them most...i changed out a fuel pump in a parking lot once..had to walk mile to parts store for it and swapped it right there...i got alot of weird looks but no help offers. ohhh well.
wtg! I always have a tow strap, recovery strap, gas, oil, basic tools that a person just can't be without, tie downs, tape, brake cleaner (works great as starting fluid & to inflate a tire thats come off the bead seat, not to mention campfires), volt probe, couple different flashlights, gf to take off her pantyhose to twist up & use as a serpintine belt lol (ok not always)

Old 05-30-2011, 08:32 PM
racsan is on a distinguished road

i do have a spare serpintine belt, extra fluids, a 3/8-1/4 socket set, couple of small cresent wrenches, boat primerbulb with line (for siphoning, ive swallowed gas before, yuk!) receiver hitch drawbar, breakerbar with lugnut socket, jumper cables, tow strap, 15' of 3/8 log chain, gloves, wiper blades. all in a poly box its the small delta "packer" model. held down in the cargo area with heavy rubber tarp straps to the floor "D" rings. still leaves cargo room for groceries. if i had the room in the box id carry a small floor jack also. not one person asked if i was o.k. or needed help, my daughter even overheard one woman as they drove by say, "look-their stuck!-keep going!" oh well, i had it covered. if it had just been my wife, well, id have gotton a phone call to come get her. id probly just pulled it out in that case, rather than make a upset wife wait 10 more minutes to be able to drive away. (and this festival was a 2 hour trip from home!) think i will convert it to a "posi-lock" setup. 4wd isnt something i use daily except for maybe a month or two out of the year when we get a good snow, but there are certianlly times like yesterday when its the difference between moving or sinking.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 AM
Beginning Member
gbdane is on a distinguished road

Seafoamed my intake and changed air filter before the weekend trip. Put in a K&N flat filter in the original air box with no mods.

My mileage had been pretty steady around 17mpg on the hiway and after filling up today, I am happy to say it is now 19.7mpg.

I'll be happy if it stays there. BTW, I drive a '04 4x4 with a 4.3.

Sometimes little things can do a lot.

Old 05-31-2011, 12:42 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

I took off my side pin stripes and painted my grille and bumper black today. I also did the quad beam mod while I had the grille off.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?