General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 12:51 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Installed a 5watt led in one of my map lights along with a current regulator to ensure optimum led life. 350 lumens is a whole lot brighter than the old lights.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Beginning Member
alloy is on a distinguished road

Just picked up my 01 ZR2 yesterday. Got it for $3650.

Did the left hinge pins today, put anti freeze in, checked out the rear window not opening problem, scanned for the brake error code, bought a spare tire.

Old 10-10-2011, 05:54 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

well i got an early start today hope i can get an oil change on the blazer done after work

See you guys later

Old 10-10-2011, 06:24 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Nice looking rig, alloy!

Old 10-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Starting Member
Team_bowtie is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I have a 2000 4 door blazer and I am having a really hard time finding a lift kit for it I would like to lift atleast 6 inches if anybody nows where to find one or if it would just be easier to put a straight axle in the front and put 3/4 ton leaf springs all the way around please help.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:05 AM

You'll get the best info if you first use the search button at the top of the forum, and then create a new thread for any additional questions you have on the topic. I know for a fact that lift kits have a whole thread dedicated to them.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Starting Member
wheelhead4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by alloy
Just picked up my 01 ZR2 yesterday. Got it for $3650.

Did the left hinge pins today, put anti freeze in, checked out the rear window not opening problem, scanned for the brake error code, bought a spare tire.

Thats a swee looking blaZeR you got there. Hey got any more pics of that bar on the front of it.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by 98blazin
those diffs does not need additives.
regular or synthetic fluid only.

i just did my bearings and everybody(in real life and on internet) says to not add anything cause it wont do anything better, just maybe worst for the clutches.

just wanted to let you know.
I was told not to put in synthetic fluid in the diffy because that would damage the components since the truck never had it before and it didn't come factory like that. So I put in Valvo high performance 80-90w and through in the additive. It helps me get to sleep better at night haha. I kid.

The additive I got says: "Designed to help quiet chattering differentials and improve gear oil performance."

And yes, I just did further research and it says since I added the additive it could cause locker delay. Well crap. I've never read that before. Hopefully it doesn't damage the locker. I doubt it would but never know. Thanks for the info man!

Last edited by tibby; 10-10-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

I... dropped my truck off at the body shop at 7:30 this morning to get my rear 3 rear bumper pieces replaced, exhaust fixed, and front and rear bumpers painted.

Grand total, $100.

Thank you insurance company and dumb chick who is now sitting in jail due to 2 warrants, 5 unpaid tickets, suspended license, and no proof of insurance when she hit me on friday night. That sirs and madams, is why you call the cops when you are in an accident.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:05 AM

Holy crap.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?