General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Beginning Member
harley745 is an unknown quantity at this point

What have I done today? Order parts and prep to replace them.

Well the on going work is continuing, New Delphi fuel pump assembly on the way, I have it prepped and ready, you would not believe the mess I found there, it was all bent up where they had worked on it to replace the pump before, it was leaking up top of the tank, that's the main reason I decided to change out the whole unit, as I am keeping this truck, I love it. Good Engine and transmission rust free, just a lot of hard work and parts to get right, oh by the way they had the tank top all gooped with roofing tar...lol to make sure it didn't leak. what a mess, it still leaked..lol. ..I made an access door to the tank through the floor, It worked out great and now I don't have to pull the tank for any fuel pump issues, it was easy really, and talk about saving a lot of work, it will be all sealed up and under the carpet. I am also replacing the third Egr valve, the other two stuck open with no debri at all, just stuck open, go figure, the Egr solenoid is good, I am replacing this time with a Delphi Egr valve, I hope no more problems with that for a long time. I will keep you posted with the on going challenges,
88 S10 Blazer 4X4 4.3 auto, 219,000 miles.

Last edited by harley745; 10-24-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: correction
Old 10-24-2011, 10:22 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Silver00LT
$3.08 for the rad? OUCH! I get $10 minimum.
Where do you take it? To a scrap metal place, radiator place or other?... I have a rad sitting here with a cracked tank. Wouldn't mind getting a few bucks for it.

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by harley745
<snip>by the way they had the tank top all gooped with roofing tar...lol to make sure it didn't leak. what a mess, it still leaked..lol. ..I made an access door to the tank through the floor, It worked out great and now I don't have to pull the tank for any fuel pump issues, it was easy really, and talk about saving a lot of work, it will be all sealed up and under the carpet.
Ha, ha! I guess they didn't know that gasoline dissolves roofing tar... I like your idea of the access door. Wish I thought of that when I did my pump a couple of years ago...

Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Franco
Where do you take it? To a scrap metal place, radiator place or other?... I have a rad sitting here with a cracked tank. Wouldn't mind getting a few bucks for it.

Thanks!
Try to find the main place the smaller scrap businesses take there scrap to make the profit. I got 11.00 for one out of a minivan. They average about 6-12 bucks.

Today i cleaned up the undercarriage a little,then went to a friends house. He gave me a bunch of toggle switches and 10 gauge wire....

Any ideas for the toggle switches?

Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

lol you can do a lot of things with toggle switches

well today i fixed my rear window squeek / rattle the truck rides so much quieter now

the bad thing about it is i hear my rear shock thumping

I need new shocks .... any ways that wont be any time soon

Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Beginning Member
harley745 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha, ha! I guess they didn't know that gasoline dissolves roofing tar... I like your idea of the access door. Wish I thought of that when I did my pump a couple of years ago...

yeah that was a riot....roofing tar..lol that stuff was really hard to clean up
dangit-man

Old 10-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Thanks!
Call around. I use a scrap metal place...then again I take a LOT of stuff at once so I get a deal since I can sweet talk them. If you carry a lot there they get more $$ so you can bargain on what kind of metal with them.

However, you need to make sure they put the correct metal down. I had a guy try to cast iron me for over 100 pounds of SS I had. I raised hell. They try to sneak in a lower metal for the higher end. I stay away from cast if I can. What I scrap: Al. cans(my money pit), aluminum, SS then cast iron. I yield couple grand a year.

As far as fixing the truck....brakes squealing really loud now so I bumped them up in front of the fuel pump. Gotta pay a debt off quickly next month.

Last edited by Silver00LT; 10-24-2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Starting Member
98blazin is on a distinguished road

did a complete tune-up, cap rotor wires and plugs.
all ac-delco parts, was pretty expensive, it seems parts in canada are more expensive then in the states.

anyway i read a lot before doing it and everybody was saying to unscrew the steering shaft, well i lost about 1hr trying to change the number 3 plug, then i remvoed the shaft in 5 min and it tool another 5 min to change the plug

anyway, i hope i will se a difference in my MPG..

Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Went muddin' a couple days ago. This is the result lol.

And here's 2 videos of our journey lol.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAWJhcl5Gd0[/youtube]

Last edited by tibby; 10-24-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:54 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Sorry double post.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNISflmeoII&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited by tibby; 10-24-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: double post

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?