General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 01:50 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I didnt do much to the blazer today but it served his purpose today

I pulled a ford f150 out of a ditch

HE said he hit some ice and slid in .... I think he wasnt paying attention to the road and went in it

aw well all done he would of gotten out but it was 2wd he was just burning rubber

Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

I have put 20"x8.5" mb motoring old skool wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 Nitto extreme tires. Pioneer AVH-P5000dvd player, Memphis audio 6.5" speakers up front, pioneer 12" subs, pioneer 760 watt amp, led bulb conversion in the gauges and the headlight switch, a/c cluster, 4wd selector switch and all interior lighting, led licsence plate bulbs, led brake light bulbs, 10000k hid headlights and foglight bulbs, clear turn signal lenses, projector headlight lenses, 3" lowering blocks on the rear, torsion bar adjustment on the front, removed roof rack, pin stripes are gone and the side door trim pieces are gone as well as the rear badges. Have the led bulbs for the power window switches and power mirror switch on order. I think that's all!

Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlakWidow
I have put 20"x8.5" mb motoring old skool wheels wrapped in 245/35/20 Nitto extreme tires. Pioneer AVH-P5000dvd player, Memphis audio 6.5" speakers up front, pioneer 12" subs, pioneer 760 watt amp, led bulb conversion in the gauges and the headlight switch, a/c cluster, 4wd selector switch and all interior lighting, led licsence plate bulbs, led brake light bulbs, 10000k hid headlights and foglight bulbs, clear turn signal lenses, projector headlight lenses, 3" lowering blocks on the rear, torsion bar adjustment on the front, removed roof rack, pin stripes are gone and the side door trim pieces are gone as well as the rear badges. Have the led bulbs for the power window switches and power mirror switch on order. I think that's all!
Did not do all this today, over time.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I was going to say wow that's alot of money to spend in one day. It ought to look good though.

Old 10-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DaddysBlazer
The blazer/I had a bad day it got rearended today by a honda accord luckly her tag thingy, on the front of her car was the same height as my reciever for my tow package ouucchh! messed her car up a little could'nt even tell on my truck. I could have gotten my rear end fixed, but I try to be an honest person, its not that bad anyway. only I notice the small inprofections. "haha" Funny how that works. I didnt even ask her, her name? the lady that hit me!
I need a red car to rearend me to get my rear bumpers fixed....lol.

Old 10-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Off-topic - How did you cover up the spot where the emblems go? Where did you get that hood? Your truck looks awesome bro.

On-topic - I put 35 on gas and had to tow a friends Cherokee sucked because i don't have a hitch so i had to do it with my bumper.
quote=stsrus;243692]Well, I got all the emblems off, along with wearing off almost all of my fingernails. They make nice little scrubbers but don't hold up very well.
[/quote]

Old 10-30-2011, 06:47 AM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by baller979
I'll guess I have to learn how to do the alignment with a string because my baby doesn't like the hi tech stuff I guess
I take two jack stands put one 1' in front and one 1' in rear ahead and behind. Then with a tape measure I measure it 5' from all tires. The ones off alignment will not be 5. But you measure one end like that. Then you go and make your adjustments where it is the same measurement on both sides of the rim. Example: You have the one side at 5" then the other one is 4" you will make the adjustment where they are the same so it'll be 4.5".

Then again I do the alignments on this sucker:

Just slightly different than the Blazer.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

so i might be getting another k5 today. im going to test drive it. it an 86 so it is in way better condition than my 74. he is asking 2k but im thinking in the range of 1.5k. my dad would be the one paying cause i think hes just sick of looking at mine in the yard so he wants me to have one that can actually go somewhere.

anyways about the blazer. it has the standard 350 engine. only headers on it. has a new radiator. has a holly carb. it has what looks to be a 6in or greater suspension lift be cause it has 38.5/15/15 super swamper boggers on it. brand new. that alone is worth the 1500. he says he will throw in a bunch of other parts with it too like a new trans and stuff like that. so we will see where things go today. hopefully ill be driving home in a new k5!!!!! oh heres a pic of it:

oh and this couldnt have come at a better time cause i was driving mine in my backyard yesterday and i shut it off and now i cant get it to start. something with the power to the starter. all the accessories work and i can turn the radio on, the lights, the power rear window works. but the engine wont crank. it doesnt even click. it clicked a little bit when i tapped the starter with a wrench so i think that might be my problem. lol. but if i get this new truck he says he has starters that he would throw in with those extra parts. so it might all work out.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:40 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Got the inspection done yesterday and it passed everything. It kind of shocked me because last year it had to have a waiver. And with a '96, I have some room to breathe with the inspections...

Old 10-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Fuel pump died....was able to get it to the shop by smacking the tank with a hammer....

Anyone know how to find out the "module code" for the fuel pump? I'm looking on rockauto and it shows TCH for 18 gallon tank 4 door 4wd?

Edit: To clarify I have a 4d 4wd automatic, plastic fuel tank. I'm guessing it's an 18 gallon because that's all i see prices for but i always assumed it was 16 gallon. Any help would be appreciated. I'm quite frustrated at the moment.

Last edited by Mike98Blazer; 10-30-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?