General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

Put my factory tail lights back in and washed it and polished my wheels. The after market tails I had were the led halos. Anyone else have trouble with the 3057 bulb melting the tail light housing? They were cheaply made I assume!

Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by BlakWidow
Put my factory tail lights back in and washed it and polished my wheels. The after market tails I had were the led halos. Anyone else have trouble with the 3057 bulb melting the tail light housing? They were cheaply made I assume!

yup thats a common problem

i think you can add led bulbs and put resistors so you dont get the hyper flash

Someone will chime in who did this before and give you better information on it

Old 02-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Tonyrodz is on a distinguished road

Had my shackles done and I rewired my kicker down to 2 ohms for some better kick. sounds a little better.
You guys should check out my post about that Diamond edition Jimmy and give me some opinions on it.

Old 02-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Beginning Member
BlackMatter is on a distinguished road
Default haha

well for some reason ever since i got it it didn't have an air filter on it, so i attached that, got a new mass air flow sensor, cleaned the carburetor a little bit, put some fuel injector cleaner in it, discovered that the back wheels don't have abs... had a fun day with my blazer lol

Old 02-05-2012, 10:36 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Fixed the lights on the bush bar today, really threw me off as the source at the switch was giving me 12v, but when i measured the voltage on the other end of the switch it showed nothing, which made me believe it was the switch, but testing the resistance proved it to not be the switch. Then tapped into the power wire to the lights under the hood to give it 12v and the lights worked. So it narrowed it down to the power wire from the relay to the switch, and then from the switch returning to the other side of the firewall. So of course the next step was to replace the length of wire coming from the switch, that did not work, so then i tapped in 12v to power the switch and it worked, so traced it back to somewhere between the power source and the switch...Well..long story short it was the fuse.....and YES i had already checked the fuse, its a glass fuse and seems one of the ends had come a bit loose, so it would still provide 12v when measured, but would cut out and soon as a load was drawn...........so one ghost taken care of........Then i began to work on the bixenon hids in the vibe, got them all installed and hooked up, got the vibe running and heard the new intake in it for the first time (Soooo sexy)...and found that the hids worked, but the HI beams were on.......if i turned the high beam switch on the lights turned off......and if i disconnected the wire to control the hi/lo it would revert to the low beams.......SO now the fun of figuring the next wiring gremlin out....The joys of lights with negative switches

Old 02-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

the tail lights i had in were the ones that had the led ring around the bulb. I have changed out the signal flasher so the hyper flash was not my problem. just the factory style bulbs were melting the housing of the aftermarket lenses. i have tried the resistors but for some reason when i plug a second led bulb in either side, one of the bulbs stay lit up like the brakes are on when they arent, and the other is dimmer like it should be.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlakWidow
Yep there's a thread about them somewhere.. I'm sure you could find it with a search (I'm posting on my phone lol) but yes the 3157 incandescent bulbs heat up too much and melt the cheap ebay plastic.. I was the first with these lights and was also the first to discover this problem. But yes as said, you can install LED bulbs which won't heat up and melt the plastic. There are a couple ways to get around the hyperflash, resistors being the most common. The other way is to modify you're preexisting flasher module by snipping one of the soders.

Old 02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

The blaze has been chillin' lately in the apartment parking lot lol. But I need to take it to wally to get a tire brush (soft bristle) and some water so I can get that blue dye off my tires finally haha. That stuff has been on there too long. Is that the best way to take it off? Brush and water?

Also, am searching for some headlight bulbs online. Mine aren't burnt out yet, but I want some with a little more light and the light filtered so they are white instead of a bit yellow.

Also need to restore my headlights. They are getting cloudy. Might look at a kit while I'm at wally. With my low beams on, they illuminate like a switch set to a pretty dim setting like you would see in a room in your house.

Old 02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Buy yourself a bottle of Westley's Blech White. Best thing I've found so far. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minutes and use the tire brush to clean it off. Gets the blue off, and if you do it occasionally, you'll have nice spiffy white letters all the time.

Not a bad idea to do that at the local spray and wash, use their tire brush.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

New Cold air intake came in today! New Cold air intake installed today!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?