General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 01:31 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

My life never gets easier. After painting my calipers for my new rims i must of loosened the brake line bolt. I lost brakes today and checked the fluid,it was dry. I looked around for a leak and found that the bolt that bolts the line onto the caliper was leaking. I tightened it and bled my lines. At least my pedal feels tighter then it did before hand,but still sucks.

Im tired of BS..

anyways. i bleed my lines today and topped off the oil.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:37 AM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed an old double din I had in the garage from the wifes old car..had to extremely modify a single din dash kit for it to work

Old 02-14-2012, 03:13 AM
Beginning Member
BlakWidow is on a distinguished road

Hey tibby you can scoop up some H.I.D's on eBay for under $40 a pair. That's what I did for all my headlights

Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

WTF!

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
I installed the second radiator in about 6 months today, that's about all i've done to her in quite a while....
Okay... how about some details! What was wrong with orig?
This time?

Originally Posted by justin12234
i found out why my cluster, hvac, and 4wd lights werent working on the inside, and also pulled out the radio that the po had in it and they hacked it up horribly, itll take a day or two to fix that
Okay.. why werent they working? Or if you answered that in anohter thread, the link.

Notice Chris pointed out a foof he made with the caliper banjo bolt? We all learn something from that stuff.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pettyfog
WTF!

Okay... how about some details! What was wrong with orig?
This time?
The original had a hairline crack on the side tank. Just opposite the inlet tube from the engine. My theory on that is heat cycles/pressure over time cracked it. It was original and 13 years old when that happened.

Second one was leaking at ALL 4 connections where the oil/trans coolers are on the side tanks, where the plastic tanks meet the metal fittings for the cooler lines. This started about a month after install, started as a seep and got worse to a trickle. I would have gotten it warranted if i wasn't just plain ol pissed off at plastic tanked radiators. I decided that i'm done farting around with plastic tanks and got a fully welded all aluminum radiator. No more plastic tanks to worry about cracking/leaking etc.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
The original had a hairline crack on the side tank. Just opposite the inlet tube from the engine. My theory on that is heat cycles/pressure over time cracked it. It was original and 13 years old when that happened.

Second one was leaking at ALL 4 connections where the oil/trans coolers are on the side tanks, where the plastic tanks meet the metal fittings for the cooler lines. This started about a month after install, started as a seep and got worse to a trickle. I would have gotten it warranted if i wasn't just plain ol pissed off at plastic tanked radiators. I decided that i'm done farting around with plastic tanks and got a fully welded all aluminum radiator. No more plastic tanks to worry about cracking/leaking etc.
Fair enough and a good solution.. but blaming plastic tank design for that is like blaming GM/Delphi when your Airtex fuel pump fails.
If I bought a radiator and wanted it to last, I'd look for the OE or Modine brand mfrd.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Starting Member
Longer02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the weekend I changed the transmission fluid, fliter, and put in a thing of Lucas Stop Slip. I am usaully one not to run any additives, however after my transmission started slipping on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift, and reading some reviews online, figured it couldn't hurt. The trans seems to shift better but still has a slight slip every now and then. Wasn't a good sign when I pulled the pan and the magnet was full of shavings. I have a line on a guy who can rebuild them for dirt CHEAP and will eventually go that route. Will need a rebuild before summer so I can pull the boat around. Pisses me off that I JUST bought this thing, has right at 100k on it, and the trans is going already. Everyday I wish I would have kept my higher milage 2000 Blazer "Trailblazer" I had. Oh well, live and learn. Still into this one less than I sold the other one for .

Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

hopefully an oil change if it stops snowing out and warms up a bit

Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I finally changed out my starter cable, now it starts like a champ, sort of. I think I will need a new starter soon, but it starts now so that's good.

Here is the old starter cable.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by BlakWidow
Hey tibby you can scoop up some H.I.D's on eBay for under $40 a pair. That's what I did for all my headlights
I know, but I'm trying not to blind anyone. Our 95-97 original headlight housings + hid's = disaster.

I think I'm going to go through with this 98+ front end conversion.

Thog, you have it good lol. Mine has a hard time starting because my fuel injectors have been going bad. My gas gauge fluctuates so much I was on the highway on the circular ramp to go from one highway to another and it cut off half-way through the loop. I had to give it some man-power to turn for a sec lol and it started right up. Later on, I go to start it and you hear it cranking but it needs a good 5 to 10 seconds of cranking to start up. I don't have the money right now to replace the injectors and it is way too time consuming right now to clean them.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?