General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:55 PM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

so i sold the trans for 200. the guy that bought it was really cool. he had an old jeep project that he sold and now is starting another tube frame chassis. a really cool dude if you ask me. he wheels at the cliffs insane terrain all the time and the badlands as well. also the genoa city mud bog. anyways he has a website all about his jeep called tirespeed.com check it out if any of you guys get a chance.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I ran my bike out of gas today. So I had to walk home and get my blazer and a gas can and go rescue it. That involved driving to it, riding it home, and walking back to pick up the blazer. Good thing it was only 1-2 miles from my house.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:42 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Private_Ops
Is that a factory hitch or an aftermarket?
i got it from the local junkyard so idk might be factory.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Beginning Member
Blazer-Joe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97Beater4WD
Mine too...as u can see from my sig...

But i don't try to turn it into a clown car...

For instance in my summer car I have:
Wideband AFR
Mechanical boost gauge
Mechanical Oil Pressure
Scangauge

All useful... Now for you you i can see rpm and oil temp....but what are the other 3 gunna be?
What´s your definition of a clown car? As my Blazer has no digital, but analog gauges (without RPM).... I feel good with adding analoge ones in a similar colour. Additional I got exhaust temp, vakuum, AFR and a 2nd oil temp for transmission oil, landmeter an outside temp. All useful too I think.... Ok, maybe exhaust temp not, but I needed something to get the triple holder complete ;-)

Old 02-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

i changed a pump on my 89 s10,many moons ago.
i remember confirming the fuel pump being bad bye checking a pig tail wire located center behind the engine on the fire wall.
did the r/r in the driveway where it quit,labor job ,not very technical.
went thru 3 gas tanks in that dog through out its life....RUST

Old 02-16-2012, 08:19 AM

luckily my tank has no rust on it at all. still shiny new aluminum it almost looks like but i know its steel. anyways im going out there in a few to try and put the tank back up there. sucks that its got a half tank full of gas. but its nice that its kind of warmer outside. that way i dont need to have any kind of heater on. couldnt do that anyways with gas fumes all around... shouldnt be that long putting it back in. then im changing the oil on my fathers cherokee. 282k miles on the thing and still running strong.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
I ran my bike out of gas today. So I had to walk home and get my blazer and a gas can and go rescue it. That involved driving to it, riding it home, and walking back to pick up the blazer. Good thing it was only 1-2 miles from my house.
Thanks for reminding me - filled up this morning. I pretty much totally ignore the gas gauge and go by mileage, but last time I just tossed $20 in there and it threw off my calculations. 14 gallons, so I guess I wasn't in any danger.
It'll drop down to 1/2 pretty fast, then stay there for a hundred miles, then suddenly show empty for a bit, then 1/4 for 50 or so, then the light will come on with the needle below E, then above E with no light, then back below E, which I've decided means I have 4-5 gallons still in the tank.

Also put in a bottle of oil treatment as it was half a quart low. And a bottle of injector cleaner in the tank.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM

does anybody know if that vent hose in the front of the gas tank is important? like if i leave it disconnected if it will throw any codes... i broke the nipple off in the hose and im just trying to figure out if its important or if i could rig something up to attach it.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:12 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Priced out blower motors from amazon, rockauto and Autozone. Looks like 'zone and rockauto are about the same price, but autozone has them in stock.

I have a date on Saturday and the heat still works (just starting to make lots of noise like the bearing is going bad) so I'll see how much I spend on Saturday, and if there's anything left over I'll fix this, haha

Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 PM

hey random. wanna borrow the k5 for the date? youll look like a real man then. lol.

oh and the blazer is back up and running again. looks like it was the pump. glad i got it back together and that the weather was nice for me. phew....

Last edited by litterbug; 02-16-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?