General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 09:33 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
What a ****ed up day today was. Drove to work and got pulled over for burned out brake lights and blinker. On the way home got pulled over again on the drive for speeding that other car on outside lane was going faster than me. So I got mad at the cop and told him that the car on the outside lane was going way fast than I did and I was only 8 mph over. So he wrote up 2 tickets for speeding and disorderly conduct. I think all the cops want people to spend more money so they can be more poor.
I'm going to guess at where you live: Either Massachusetts or New York. If not I have 2 mores guesses: MD or IL. Tickets are the hidden taxes in both MA & NY. A seatbelt violation in NY is $35 ........ with a $85 SURCHARGE! Moving violations in MA jack up your insurance & stay on your record for 6 YEARS - not 3 ... SIX!! Both state's governments give away so much money (and squander the rest) that they need to extort it from us poor shlubs. Nothing but a giant racket.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:07 AM
Starting Member
chevyblazer9588 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
I'm going to guess at where you live: Either Massachusetts or New York. If not I have 2 mores guesses: MD or IL. Tickets are the hidden taxes in both MA & NY. A seatbelt violation in NY is $35 ........ with a $85 SURCHARGE! Moving violations in MA jack up your insurance & stay on your record for 6 YEARS - not 3 ... SIX!! Both state's governments give away so much money (and squander the rest) that they need to extort it from us poor shlubs. Nothing but a giant racket.
I live in Wisconsin.

Old 03-27-2012, 04:49 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Today I started working on my aux input for the stereo.

Currently I have a cable connected behind the radio and running out through the ashtray area and just kind of coiled up on the passenger floor. It works fantastic, but looks awful. So, the plan is to run that cable through the center console to the coin holder (which will get repurposed) where I will cut the end off and solder on a female headphone jack and install it into the plate I'm making to replace the coin holder.

I have the cable mocked up but I'm using a shorter one than what is in the truck and I don't know if it will work... so I may have just wasted one, whoops. Just tested to verify it works, so now I get to decide how exactly to mount it to the place I'm going to make and I'm all set. Pictures will follow (probably in another thread) when I get done.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Chuk Rhodes is on a distinguished road

I have a Switchcraft EH35MMSSC for that, but haven't decided where to put it. They also make a USB jack in the same frame, would be handy to charge a phone from. I'm thinking next to the glove box, but for now it just sits in the space under the stereo until I'm sure where I want to drill holes.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM

I changed my mind (again) and will put the jack right under the stereo.

Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM
Starting Member
98chevyblazer is on a distinguished road

Blazer is going in this weekend to have the new shackles put on, then gonna crank the t bars, get some new shocks on her, new rims, take the chrome off the wheel wells, and bedliner it. ahh the joys of Spring Break

Edit: Mudflaps are coming off as well!

Last edited by 98chevyblazer; 03-27-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: More to add!
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wyzardd
Oh yeah. Jury rigging is what I did in court

Actually, I believe that's an old nautical term that refers to putting up a temporary mast out of spare parts.

ETA Jury-rigged vs Jerry-rigged? « Wizard
haha....on the jury
see what i learned from watching combat....what an education

Old 03-28-2012, 05:51 AM

managed to break both of the connectors I bought for the stereo last night, so I have to buy more today and finish that project up.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chevyblazer9588
I live in Wisconsin.
Wow - didn't expect that. I'll have to add that one to my list then.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Starting Member
rezlab will become famous soon enough

getting some z28 wheels here in bout a half hour and hopefully tonight i get my new tires score!!!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?