General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:56 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up So far so good

Originally Posted by ABN31B
let us know how those match up. i have the same style rims (early 80's camaro 16x8's) and was thinking of a similar tire... interested in what rubs and what not
These are the rims off the 94+ camaro, with the 6.1, 6.2 inch backspace. With the factory fender flares, they are covered as long as the wheel is straight. Trimmed the flares from the black trim down to the bottom, about 4-5 inches. Haven't got to drive it since I got it home, either been busy or have had a migraine like crazy. Here's some pics though.

Worried about what MPG and such will be. Calculators on 4lo.com said that with these tires and 3.42 gears, it would change them to like, 2.93. Oh well, looks good though!

BTW; What I got done today. Finished trimming the flares. Mounted them back on the truck, and snapped some pics. Been lazy today!

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 01-17-2010 at 06:02 PM. Reason: to make post realvent to the thread
Old 01-17-2010, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

pics are broken

wait... if your gears are equal to 2.93... then you should GAIN mpgs

Old 01-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Beginning Member
uncle larrys oranges is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed both upper ball joints. Man those factory rivets are a pain. Didnt even attempt the lower ball joints. Ill do those another time

Old 01-18-2010, 11:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
We are also metric down under. BUT ours are only labelled RHD (not export)! Unless GM only considers Canada as Export!
We should have 2 stickers - one for export & one for RHD. Not that I can see why the RHD should be any different from the LHD.
Sticker on back says 'assembled in Mexico'
maybe it's because it can sense from which direction the ****(s) is being twisted from?

both of the controls i have (my OE & the one i bought from Luis) are labeled with that Mexico sticker (and all of the other info on it).

that RHD one is really interesting though.............

Ok got my pics up from the repairs friday:

but it doesn't match your truck.......go roll your truck in the mud. better yet, why not take a flying run at the little puddle you came across last Summer.

you know, the one where you cleaned out the inside of your engine.

pics are broken

wait... if your gears are equal to 2.93... then you should GAIN mpgs
not necessarily. it may cause his engine to work a little harder.

besides, going from 3.42's to 2.93's isn't a great difference anyways.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, i fixed my skid plates.

by accident, 'cause i never knew there was a problem, 'til i touched them of course!

i had this wicked screach coming from the front end first thing in the morning. sounded like a bearing running dry (!). thought, "oh s**t! i forgot to check the front diff begining of the month during my oil change". (i noticed that the passenger side extension tube seal has been leaking for awhile)

when i took off the front SP, 4 of the bolt holes stripped, so i had to open them up. same problem with the middle plate as well.

so now i have these nice 'n shiney 1/2-13 bolts holding everything on now.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

good stuff! glad you got that knocked out! wish my squeaking had been that easy

Old 01-21-2010, 10:51 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

besides, going from 3.42's to 2.93's isn't a great difference anyways.[/QUOTE]

Umm, tell that to my truck going up hills on the highway... Really, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. This truck had no ***** even with 215-75-15. And I always granny this truck anyway. All I do now is if I'm 50mph and under I use Drive, if I go above 50mph, I shift into overdrive. BUT there is a hill on my way to work, that I can hit at 75, and only be at like 50 when I hit the top! But it looks so sexy now.

But I should be able to fix all that real soon... Same guy that did my bodylift does rearends. Says he can get 4.10 gears for $256 with install kit and only charge $150 to put it all in. So 4.10 gears for about $410 . He just put 4.56 gears in my buddies K1500 4x4 with the 4.3 and 35's, and it's a monster now

Old 01-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Beginning Member
gojo83 is on a distinguished road

well got this done last night, I didnt get a shot of the same port but you get the idea of the nastiness of the stock ports before any of you as all I am going to do is gasket match and smooth and blend them before the heads go back on and I get it all running again. hope I can make it all together before I have to move. I know it isnt perfect but it is off and I figured it couldnt hurt to open the flow a bit more and make it more like it should have been without the flaws in the factory cast

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-ported-heads-blazer.jpg   what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-stock-blazer-heads.jpg  
Old 01-21-2010, 04:13 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

I can now shift and drive my Jimmy since it has the cable from the shifter to the transmission in it that isn't broken.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:36 PM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Replaced heater core on my 89 S15 Jimmy. This is a piece of cake compared to the 2nd generations. I had something loose that would rattle in the heater core. It was driving me nuts. I backflushed the heater core but it did not dislodge the debris inside the core. I could even hear the rattle while I backflushed. I removed the core and since it was under warranty I just returned it back to the parts store and put in a new one. There was no way I was going to go through the trouble of removing the core without replacing it. I also found a rear view mirror with map lights for my 89 Jimmy in a local junkyard that the Mirror was in much better condition then my existing mirror. So it got a replacement mirror as well. I also found the jack instructions that were in very good condition so I replaced that as well.

Last edited by mr.vls; 01-21-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?