General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

put on add a leafs and tbar crank, much easier than shackles nad stiffend it up also, I like

Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Franco
.... Didn't get any tickets (Thanks, Smitty!) .......
Sweet! Glad I could help.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Was going to debadge my truck but don't know what to do because the end cap on the front bumper is the whole piece. I want to take all the chrome and chrome trim off the wheel wells and want to take the emblems off too. Here are the picture of the Blazer. Do anybody debadge the front bumper trim on the end caps?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:31 AM
DUDDERS355 is on a distinguished road

I removed the ugly 4 line pin strip yesterday and removed the rear wiper protector on the gate..( wiper doesnt work any how lol) and removed my dealerships sticker. today gonna clean her again...got dirty after riding this weekend

Old 05-15-2012, 11:39 AM
GP1
GP1 is on a distinguished road

Replaced my windshield a month ago, and yesterday got a rock chip in it. Ugh! So getting That fixed today.

Getting two new front tires, and getting the alignment fixed.

Then all the problems w/ my truck should be fixed besides the driver window not rolling down.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Got some new Trico wiper blades at O'reilly's. Couldn't pass up their deal. BoGo on the Trico RainGuard wiper blades. So I paid a whole $6 for both blades! Can't beat that!

And also Chevron Techron is BoGo too! Picked up some of that.

Good deals!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Starting Member
wyzardd is on a distinguished road

Techron ... Is that the stuff that smells just like BG 44K?

Ran a couple bottles of that through (two tank fulls, not two bottles at once) last time I saw it BOGO. Average mileage increased about 2mpg around then sometime, but I'm not really convinced Chevron had anything to do with that. Could just be that I'm driving different or that it's warmer in the mornings. Or maybe the stuff actually does perform miracles.

I'm a bit of a cynic when it comes to oil and fuel additives. Comes from running a gas station for so long when I was younger, I suppose. The prizes BG gave away for selling their stuff reminds me of how Monster Cable bribes people to sell their overpriced wires*

* The preceding is the opinion of the poster only and not necessarily that of Blazerforum.com, any subsidiaries, partners, or its advertisers.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tripovermyego
Got bored and couldnt sleep so I stepped out to the garage and painted a couple of pieces on the engine. Looks good I think
pictures?
let us be the judge..ha,,only kidding

Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM
CRJScott is on a distinguished road

R & R Pax side half shaft, drivers side half out.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:09 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Haven't been on for a while but on Monday I replaced both front hub bearings and did full tune up. I didn't get any pics of anything since i was doing it all on my own. I was amazed how easily my hub bearings came out, the only hard part was unbolting the axle nut that holds it all together but with a little effort and leg power i got it loose. Used the torque wrench to tighten everything now my truck runs smoother and turns smooth as well no more grinding and vibrating noise. The tune up though was a b**** lol the spark plugs gave me the worst problem. And since i was doing it all by myself and the light of day was gone (I had no flashlight) i messed up two of the wires lol. But got that fix quick. My cell light wasn't that much of a help. Took me around 5 hours to get everything. I did the dis cap and rotor with just the feeling of my fingers. But at the end of the day i was amazed that everything came out alright and was able to finish the job that day.
I also noticed my ABS sensor had alot of dirt around it so i cleaned it and my abs light went off, not sure if it was the bearing or the cleaning. but im happy. Yesterday i took my blazer for a wash inside and out. Next get an alignment and tire rotation.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?