General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Starting Member
chevyracingfan23 is on a distinguished road

Wash the windows inside and outside today.

Last edited by chevyracingfan23; 06-27-2012 at 10:47 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Starting Member
99lsdriven is on a distinguished road

Moved the sub box and found somewhere to mount my amp, I swear I'll never find the perfect place for that sub...

Old 06-27-2012, 10:35 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Today I decided to flush my radiator fluid, as my truck had been running a bit hotter than normal. I popped the cap to find that the Dexron had turned to mud as happens after some time. I hooked up a flush kit and pumped out an incredible amount of gunk. I then looked in the overflow tank and found a pile of mud. I decided that if I capped the radiator and ran the hose on the flush kit, it would flush it out. Almost immediately the water pump gasket sprung a leak. I then endeavored to re-seal it. After completing that task, I put everything back together. Started it, all leaks gone. Approximately 3 minutes later I sprung a pin sized hole in a heater tube. I then replaced that with great difficulty. I tested it, drove it, all was well. I went home, parked it, and went outside later to see a large puddle of antifreeze under my Blazer. Today could have gone better.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like a fun day indeed.

Edit: Yay, post #2000

Old 06-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlaziNator
Today I decided to flush my radiator fluid, as my truck had been running a bit hotter than normal. I popped the cap to find that the Dexron had turned to mud as happens after some time. I hooked up a flush kit and pumped out an incredible amount of gunk. I then looked in the overflow tank and found a pile of mud. I decided that if I capped the radiator and ran the hose on the flush kit, it would flush it out. Almost immediately the water pump gasket sprung a leak. I then endeavored to re-seal it. After completing that task, I put everything back together. Started it, all leaks gone. Approximately 3 minutes later I sprung a pin sized hole in a heater tube. I then replaced that with great difficulty. I tested it, drove it, all was well. I went home, parked it, and went outside later to see a large puddle of antifreeze under my Blazer. Today could have gone better.
Yeah .... I know the mud you speak of ...

Thank you GM for designing another wonderful product!

Name:  GMCJimmy003.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  244.1 KB

Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

I to did a system flush and changed out my tstat. The sad part is that I had just done a flush like 6 months ago and it was already mudding up again. I replaced with green stuff this time eff dexcool!!! I will do another flush right before I go to FLorida in August just to get out anything that comes loose between now and then. I also changed my oil and started swapping vacuum hoses until I realized it would be way easier to do with the truck jacked up and skid plates out of the way. Another set of hands wouldnt hurt either.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Tonyrodz is on a distinguished road

What is it with the sludge? I flushed my radiator maybe 2 weeks ago and there was brown sludge galore--granted it was a longggg time since I changed it last! Driving off the parkway yesterday the temp gauge was pinned!! My radiator had been leaking a little for awhile so I figured that was the cause, I was able to drive into a gas station, they checked it out and it was the water pump! Cost me $300 for the job! It's still running hotter then normal tho. Still need a radiator and t-stat.
Still runs like a champ tho!!

Old 06-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

got my blazer a nice big garage to worlk on it and ppark it in

Old 06-29-2012, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I ordered some new spark plug wires.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:22 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

2 YEARS AGO I gotten one of those quick oil changes and they gave me a free car wash ...

well today I found the receipt between my owners manual and got her a car wash !
She looks shiny. To bad I dont have any wax for her. =(

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?