General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 06:41 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the world of the s-series GM products.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Today a friend of mine replaced my front pads,cleaned/adjusted my rear drums and swapped my cap/rotor. All of it for 60 bucks labor in his shop. Totally fair.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Today a friend of mine replaced my front pads,cleaned/adjusted my rear drums and swapped my cap/rotor. All of it for 60 bucks labor in his shop. Totally fair.
You did not do that yourself?
We are no longer friends.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
Gonna need you to turn in your man card along with all of your dignity (if you have any left) as well please!

Haha jk I paid a shop to bleed my kids brakes the other day after I installed new brake lines. That was only because I didn't have easy access to a scan tool to do the electronic abs bleed procedure tho.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:44 AM
Strangerock is on a distinguished road
Default replaced my Jimmy

Well I had to replace my Jimmy due to a collision , so this is my new truck....I posted about doing front end and brakes but never posted a photo. what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-jimmy.jpeg

Old 09-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Beginning Member
mark1025 is on a distinguished road
Default Maintainance

The last two days.
Day one Changed the VSS vehicle speed sensor. Trans was not shifting ABS light was on. Then I changed the fluid in the rear axel.
Day two today. I dropped the transmission pan changed the fluid and gasket. What a friggin mess. The trans pan was clean 320K on the trans . Next time I am getting a drain plug.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:01 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mark1025
The last two days.
Day one Changed the VSS vehicle speed sensor. Trans was not shifting ABS light was on. Then I changed the fluid in the rear axel.
Day two today. I dropped the transmission pan changed the fluid and gasket. What a friggin mess. The trans pan was clean 320K on the trans . Next time I am getting a drain plug.

dont bother, your good 320,000 more

Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by richphotos
You did not do that yourself?
We are no longer friends.
Haha. Man I havent had the energy to do that stuff right now. Getting sick again with my iron issues and blood pressure.

So. remember them wheels i got a while back?
(15" American racing torque thrust II) They are at the detail shop getting polished/waxd.
Heres a online pic of one.

Should i run em on the blazer or flip em for profit? Im driving myself nuts on the decision.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-161442503_american-racing-torque-thrust-ii-wheels-polished-.jpg  
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

For me it would depend on how much I could get for them. If not much, I'd run 'em.

Those look like a modern version of the Cragar S/S - always loved those in the day.

Old 09-26-2016, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
Thnos is on a distinguished road

After a day of fighting with my wife's Explorer spark plugs yesterday (it's worse than just having to disconnect the steering shaft!) I decided to check over the Blazer. You know fluids, tires, etc. just adding in some oil , not paying attention and dripped oil down the side of engine and manifold. Sprayed with degreaser and rinsed trying not to hit anything important. Well it wouldn't start...
Figured I just got something wet and let it sit over night. Still wouldn't start the next morning. Only had time to check the dizzy, it was dry. Time to break out the back up car.
At lunch it still wouldn't start.
No spark but the IC tested as working so I'm thinking coil since the body wiggles inside the coil itself. Great...coil is original and riveted in so it had to wait till after work.
Grabbed coil at O'Reilly's, ground down the rivets and put in new coil. Cleaned the cap an rotor... YES! Fired right up!
Later I noticed a wet spot under the old coil on the workbench.

Oh, what's the backup car? Well have a look...

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-img_20160926_190936.jpg  

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?