General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Cranked the torsion bars today, did a rear axle flip, and finally got a set of 31s mounted up (technically the Mrs. mounted/balanced/swapped the tires). Now it looks normal for my driveway

Old 09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
Brian_D will become famous soon enoughBrian_D will become famous soon enough

Name:  IMG_0206.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  101.7 KB

Old 09-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Crap - sorry to hear that Chris. Just went through the same deal a couple years ago. She made it to 90 & made it known that she was ready - especially after all the medical BS she'd gone through the prior year. Hope your family is coping with the loss. It'll get better.

The motor mounts I did last year with genuine GM. I had bought a pair of $30 chinese ones off eBay, but looking at how cheap & crappily built they were, I put them back on eBay & got rid of them before installing. The GM mounts were way over $100 with shipping, but at least I know I'll get more than a couple years out of them. They're a bit on the "flexy" side - the engine likes to move around quite a bit, but it's smooth as glass inside. Seeing that the wifey is the main driver of it, I think I'll just leave it that way ... unless I change my mind by the end of the week.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Starting Member
int3414 is on a distinguished road
Default easy question,about stop bumps

i think i have been banned from posting,i could not find "post a question" in mechanical section?????
DO WE REALLY NEED THOSE LONG STOP BUMPS on the front of a stock 98 blazer?
TIA

Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by int3414
i think i have been banned from posting,i could not find "post a question" in mechanical section?????
DO WE REALLY NEED THOSE LONG STOP BUMPS on the front of a stock 98 blazer?
TIA
You just need to choose the appropriate sub-section (year range) within the mechanical section.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Just for the heck of it, dropped the spare tire and cleaned that ground point on top of the rear crossmember. It wasn't rusty or corroded, but was very dirty, even between the grounding lug and frame.

Went for a short ride to see my father, and strangely the truck seemed to run better (could be my imagination though...). Idle RPM a touch higher, peppy as he!!... like I tuned it up...

It's my imagination, right?

Old 09-19-2012, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Ordered a new amp for my sub, should have it on Friday.

Forgot to ad, I got a Hifonics HFi1000.1, Will be running at 2 ohms on this 12, specs say 750w rms, even though most amp brands do not make the power they say, still will be a LOT more than I am running now.

Last edited by richphotos; 09-19-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:54 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Franco
Just for the heck of it, dropped the spare tire and cleaned that ground point on top of the rear crossmember. It wasn't rusty or corroded, but was very dirty, even between the grounding lug and frame.

Went for a short ride to see my father, and strangely the truck seemed to run better (could be my imagination though...). Idle RPM a touch higher, peppy as he!!... like I tuned it up...

It's my imagination, right?
Its starting to cool off now. cooler air=more dense=little more pep. at least thats what i think you are noticing.

Old 09-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Brake flex hose extension and shock mount extensions made and on, as of right now I'm content with the rear suspension, now just gotta wait for my keys to arrive for the front to help the front up a little higher.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 AM
BL1TZKR13G is on a distinguished road

installed a new fuel pump and fuel filter

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?