General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i gotta go out and finish bolting the rest of the small things together from the tranny job,swap speed sensors (oring on this one is bad) and take my old transmission to the man i got the new one from.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:26 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Me and neighbor played bumper tag with it and my truck towing it over to a new home.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

New wheel hub, 1hr 20 min. start to finish. Easier than I thought

Old 03-01-2013, 12:08 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Not so much to the Blazer but for the Blazer. About a week or so ago I picked up my 4x4 beach access permit for my Blazer and today I picked one up for my wifes Envoy. Now when the season opens up e are both all set.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by newguy
New wheel hub, 1hr 20 min. start to finish. Easier than I thought
Haha I have done mine so many times I can do it in 35 minutes from putting the jack under it to having it back on all 4 wheels! It kinda makes me sick that I'm that familiar with it lol!

Old 03-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Alexquade is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Try this, he seemed to figure it out
https://blazerforum.com/forum/steeri...p-75510/page2/
saw that post, it wasn't any help. haha. i tried two compressors, neither work. to get the control arm back in place with a new spring, i hooked up the ball joint, put the spring in place and put jack stands to hold it up. slowly lowered the truck and when it stopped going down, i slowly jacked the back of the control up and used a ratchet strap to line up the bolt holes. that did the trick!

SO! TODAY! i put the new control arm, spring, and shock in the driver side, as the passenger was already installed. i got about 2-3 inches of extra ride height!!!!! and i also got my hardwire kit for my iRad radar detector. got that installed. also cleaned my ABS sensor for the driver side bc the guy i let do it last time, took it off instead of the hub and got the sensor greasey and that brake would jump when pressed at a low speed. got it cleaned and reinstalled, when i went for the test drive, no jumping brakes! whooooo!!! all excited! now! i need to see why my entire tie rod assembly moves. tie rod ends look okay, and don't move when shook. gonna replace em anyway when i can. any ideas on the entire assembly moving? someone said it could be the pitman arm or idler arm. don't remember which. someone also told me it could be my steering box. as i have about 2 inches of play in the steering wheel before my wheel turn either way....

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-springs_shocks.jpg  

Last edited by Alexquade; 03-01-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Beginning Member
Nate1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not as much as I would like. Remote filter lines were leaking , the rear bolt is a nightmare. I did a search and the nightmare became worse, have to raise the motor up in the morning.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nate1980
Not as much as I would like. Remote filter lines were leaking , the rear bolt is a nightmare. I did a search and the nightmare became worse, have to raise the motor up in the morning.
u can delete those lines if u want. wont hurt anything. lmk if u want and il give u details.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:08 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
u can delete those lines if u want. wont hurt anything. lmk if u want and il give u details.
Yes sir, I am doing it in a next weekend. Will be the best decision I have ever made.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Banned
chestypuller can only hope to improve

can u delete the lines on the 97?

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?