General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 04:31 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

bought some $10.00 brake pads today (im broke,and down to paper thin pads)
only to last for a few weeks till i go ceramic. lets see what i get for 10 bucks lol

Thogert your sig makes me LOL every time i see it.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:57 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I thought it was pretty funny.

Old 07-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

Well, I drove my truck today and noticed some transmission fluid under my truck... I had put the lines on tight when I put the new rad in. But when I took my truck to the shop to have my ac compressor fixed they decided to take the lines off to check something and they did not put them back on tight enough, and its the bottom line too not the funnest to get at...

Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by chris015
bought some $10.00 brake pads today (im broke,and down to paper thin pads)
only to last for a few weeks till i go ceramic. lets see what i get for 10 bucks lol

Thogert your sig makes me LOL every time i see it.
try rock auto, cheap cheap...i know i sound like a salesmen for them, but i did just buy a bunch of stuff from them.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
try rock auto, cheap cheap...i know i sound like a salesmen for them, but i did just buy a bunch of stuff from them.

I buy most of my stuff from them. No worry about it

Old 07-22-2013, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
rockauto is the ish. I just didnt have the waiting time for shipping etc right now. I just needed something to get me by for a few weeks.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:13 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I got my cheap pads from orielly. was 20 bucks.... semi metallic. has lasted a few 1000 miles, and still no signs of giving up..... and Chelsea brakes like its going out of style.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:24 PM
BF Veteran

Well,did the brakes. passenger side caliper was rusted up (pins seized) After a good minute with sandpaper i free'd it up. Headed out for a drive and got 20 min from home. Engine started running like total poo. misfiring etc. Pulled over,pop the hood,noticed that either the waterpump to block inlet was leaking or the bottom rad hose was. It was dripping a good bit around the hose clamp. So i said forget the misfiring i had to get it home before it ran low on coolant.

Got home,and the misfire was 2 loose plug wires hanging. Not sure on the leak yet. drove it home on 4 cylinders! I wonder if it got 35 mpg? -.-

Old 07-23-2013, 01:49 PM
slcblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chris015
Well,did the brakes. passenger side caliper was rusted up (pins seized) After a good minute with sandpaper i free'd it up. Headed out for a drive and got 20 min from home. Engine started running like total poo. misfiring etc. Pulled over,pop the hood,noticed that either the waterpump to block inlet was leaking or the bottom rad hose was. It was dripping a good bit around the hose clamp. So i said forget the misfiring i had to get it home before it ran low on coolant.

Got home,and the misfire was 2 loose plug wires hanging. Not sure on the leak yet. drove it home on 4 cylinders! I wonder if it got 35 mpg? -.-

Be careful with that, I blew my radiator this weekend. It was not fun lol

Old 07-23-2013, 02:13 PM
BF Veteran

remember in your thread where i was braggin about me having a new rad?

It bit me in the ***.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?