General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:00 AM
Beginning Member
Yoosfulidiot is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by richphotos
Well, I must tell yall that tried to help me with the truck shifting hard into park, and sometimes popping itself into reverse once in park.
After replacing the upper cab mount, that then got rid of the 1.5-2" body sag at the front cab mount.
That was the problem with the shifting, now that its all fixed, it shifts into park perfectly.
That is all.
Nice, glad you got it figured out

Old 10-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Just ordered some new water proof seat covers for the Blazer

Old 10-16-2013, 11:00 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Just get some Depends

Old 10-16-2013, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by newguy
just get some depends
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would probably me cheaper! Whats up with all these companies only putting one seat cover in a package nowadays?? $75 for two seat covers is silly..... but I sadly still paid it

Last edited by rexmburns; 10-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Beginning Member
jtorlando25 is on a distinguished road

Fixed my power windows, power mirros, and non-working rear hatch buttons on my Z!!! Had to replace the 3amp fuse under the hood for the electrical stuff and then I jerry-rigged the broken plastic shaft coming out of the solenoid to pop the hatch glass.

Now waiting for the gas pistons to come in the mail so I don't keep beating myself in the head with the glass while holding it up.

On the to-do list for next week is a Flowmaster 40 w/ custom pipes.

Old 10-16-2013, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by rexmburns
hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would probably me cheaper! Whats up with all these companies only putting one seat cover in a package nowadays?? $75 for two seat covers is silly..... but I sadly still paid it
Got mine for xmas

Old 10-16-2013, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by newguy
Got mine for xmas
I'm saving xmas for train horns and a plasma cutter

Got a few more things accomplished on the Blazer this afternoon. I fixed my stupid separating sunroof with some JB Weld hopefully it will hold this time. I also just bought some 1/4 plate so I can make mounting feet for my rock sliders and maybe get them at least bolted on by the end of next week I bought really just enough to do the sliders though. I wanted to buy a larger sheet but I just can't bring myself to spend the money right now so I went on ebay and found a 6 1/2" x 30" scrap piece for $29 shipped That will allow me to make the feet and some gussets for support so I'm happy. Steel is so damn expensive right now

Old 10-16-2013, 03:22 PM
Starting Member
RJ2004 is on a distinguished road

I washed my Blazer today because a bird took a huge dump on it...... effing birds!

Old 10-16-2013, 04:56 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I sold mine and got a 1992 silverado... New project for now I guess, I will miss the jimmy tho..

Old 10-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

Well I've bought more Blazer crap for the second time today Just made the deal and sent the money to djpaulys for the winch mount he is selling on here. I decided that with the price of steel right now it would be cheaper to buy a mount than make my own so now I can get my winch mounted asap.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?