General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

Wired up 2 of the 02 sensors

Old 07-30-2013, 08:00 PM
Starting Member
Wisco Blazer will become famous soon enough

Ordered Monstaliner!!!!! Going to have a TWO TONE blazer.

Planning on bedlinering Bottom body line, grille, back bumper etc. Maybe a few other things.

Pics to come in build thread early next week

Also got some "chassis saver", will make that frame look like new!

Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Wisco Blazer
Ordered Monstaliner!!!!! Going to have a TWO TONE blazer.

Planning on bedlinering Bottom body line, grille, back bumper etc. Maybe a few other things.

Pics to come in build thread early next week

Also got some "chassis saver", will make that frame look like new!
Nice choice!! You won't be disappointed

Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for the consecutive posts

Started redoing my headliner today! Learned some not so happy things about my baby but its ok I love the sane even with its defects. Pics and details in my build thread for anyone that cares.

Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Had to put off ordering the parts I need to fix the upper cab mounts.. Until 5 minutes ago, They are ordered from LMC truck. And will be on their way here. WOOHOO!

Old 08-01-2013, 11:37 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

here you go rich. Good job,bout time lol

heres you a sticker.

Attached Thumbnails what have you gotten done on your blazer today?-gold-star-sticker.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by chris015
here you go rich. Good job,bout time lol

heres you a sticker.
Thanks, I deserve that gold star... I have not had any free time, finally have a day off LOL

Old 08-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Yesterday I had some downtime & figured I'd get into the front diff & find out why the axles weren't engaging. Never made it that far. The Blazer has been sitting about 18 months or so - I usually start it once a month. The fuel sucks so bad up here that it doesn't take long for carbs to clog with ethanol jelly, or for the ethanol and water to separate from the fuel, making a real mess.

As soon as I turned the key, I could hear that the Walboro FRB-13 fuel pump I installed at the beginning of '12 wasn't pumping. It's a reciprocating pump, so you normally hear the piston pumping - click, click, click - starting out fast when the fuel level in the carb is low, then tapering off as it fills. Well, all I heard was a buzz, and the glass filter up on the driver's side fender was empty. Started and idled for about 2 minutes, died, and wouldn't start for obvious reasons. WTF ... so now I spend the day tearing that out, disassembling it & re-installing. Had it all apart on the bench, cleaned it out, reinstalled - still nothing. Great. $130 down the toilet! Only used that damn pump for 3 months! Rest of the time it sat parked.

Then at one point the pump slid off the frame rail, and swung down by one attached fuel line and split my lip wide open. I got so pissed I whipped my claw hammer ... TWICE .. at the garage door. Had to take a breather and caulk the hole I made in that flimsy chinese thing ... Dammit!!!!

Now to call Walboro and see if they'll make good on this thing ....

Old 08-02-2013, 07:53 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like my kind of luck. Is it one of those inline fuel pumps? Ive never had luck on any of em. But walboros a pretty good name,they should help you out.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Well yesterday sucked! I got the headliner "finished" but with the hack job from the PO it looks like crap and I hate it!! I will be hitting up a PNP in the near future and getting an un molested headliner and I will mod it CORRECTLY so that it looks good. In doing the headliner I was moving the dome light wires around and when I grounded out a wire it caused my radio to turn on which made no fricken sense! the fuse blew on it no big deal but then I went to open the rear hatch and now my window won't open so being annoyed (more like pissed off) I slammed the tire carrier and dented my tailgate FML!!!! So now I have a dented tailgate, a non working rear window, and a sh**** looking headliner Guess that means I need more things to mod to make me happy! Well Okiedoak stopped by at the request of a love note I had left under his wiper the previous day while he was slaving away at work and he and I worked out a deal on a manual shift NP231 tcase he has sitting in his garage So that swap will be happening as well just gotta finish up the research to make sure I have everything in order before I start the swap. And just to finish up the day with good I found a complete manual shift center console on CL for $30!! It was 2 hours away so I took a gamble and emailed them to see if they are ever in my area and wouldn't you know the part is actually at her BF's house 15 min away from me So I'll be picking it up sometime in the next few days. Oh and my lights should be here today. Sorry for the long rant but that's what I've done on my Blazer!

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?