General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

what have you gotten done on your blazer today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Starting Member
Franco is on a distinguished road

Well, I got it through NYS inspection yesterday. Wasn't sure if it would pass 'cause the cat is toasted, but the SES light is off.

Got a set of Goodyear RT/S tires w/85% tread from a guy on Craigslist last week. Had a local shop mount and do dynamic balancing. The Blazer rides like new... Had all sorts of vibration issues with the old tires. Now I have to watch my speed again.

There's 192,000 on it. I'm gonna go for 200,000 then decide what to do next. Love the Blazer, but they don't make 'em anymore... Time to start saving.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:53 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Nothing done to it today but driving. roads are finally starting to clear out, so no real need for 4wd, thankfully, since it is not working currently.
Hope to get that fixed this weekend. Going to pick up some new encoder motor bolts on friday or saturday, then pull that off, clean the connections real well.
Then clean the connections at the tccm. I think it should fix the problem.

Side note. got some new work shoes.. happy about that. my other ones let me know they have given up when my little toe on my right foot popped out of my shoe.... it tried to get away..... tried.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:54 AM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

WOW Swells - never seen a crankshaft bust like that before. Was that engine ever apart prior? Or was it over-revved? How many miles on it?

Oiled up the Blazer the other day. What a cloud of smoke that makes for the first several miles ... Gotta do it, or else this thing will be a pile of rust in just a couple seasons. Wife has been getting 17.1 - 17.2 MPG consistently - VERY happy about that! A full 1.5 MPG higher than last season due to the unbeknownst-to-me, bad-out-of-the-box external fuel pump. With those kinds of numbers on a carb, HEI, winter tires, and complete crap MA winter blend fuel, I definitely can't complain.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:02 AM
DesertStorm is on a distinguished road

picked up a hood off of a toyota tacoma x-runner. im going to cut the scoop out of it and weld it into my hood. should look awesome when im done

Old 12-12-2013, 09:33 AM
Starting Member
swells87 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Smitty Smithsonite
WOW Swells - never seen a crankshaft bust like that before. Was that engine ever apart prior? Or was it over-revved? How many miles on it?
It had 130,000 miles on it, as far as I can tell nobody has been inside of it before. I think I over revved it and spun a bearing. It doesn't seem to have caused any other damage to the block, so we are going to try and rebuild it if we can.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Beginning Member
Speedvoyager is on a distinguished road
Default Vacuum Lines and the 4x4

Today in frigid Northern Indiana it was 0 degrees at 10 am at least I have a garage and a space heater. I replaced the Vacuum line from the vacuum switch on the transfer case to the feed T connection behind where the ABS system is on the drivers side of the engine bay. In doing so I fixed two problems. first and most important got the 4WD working again. there was a large hole in the hose that I replaced. Second that hole was so large that all the vacuum was leaking out there and my vents now change again between top and bottom. before I fixed this my feet would freeze and my head was burning up. also I put new pads and rotors on the front

Old 12-13-2013, 05:10 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Diaita
Canadian Geese! We send them south so they don't crap on our cars. haha
Did you send a second wave? Now it's too damn cold to wash but it is supposed to snow tonight so I plan on playing a bit tomorrow to get rid of the crap.

Well it warmed up and it rained. I still had to take it to the car wash.

Last edited by CAB; 12-14-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:46 PM
Starting Member
Badco is on a distinguished road

Took it to autozone.... the ol' P0147. Pricing up some sensors.... no way Im paying 50 bucks a pop at autozone for some Bosch crap...

Old 12-14-2013, 07:56 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

^^^^^check rockauto.com out always work for me.

Old 12-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

Swapped in my heated leather front seats (and put my cheapo covers on so they kinda match my interior and you can't tell they are leather), checked my front end for wear/play (have a bad side to side pull in 4 wheel drive, think it has to do with the cv angles though as I need to do a diff drop), checked my no floor eat issue (good vacc, must be the door is broke) and replaced a burnt out interior light bulb.

Quick Reply: what have you gotten done on your blazer today?