General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Window tinting

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Window tinting

that site shows the laws from back in the 1990's so i dought they are 100% accurate, i know the tn law has changed from what it says

Old 12-16-2007, 08:30 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yeah the law in texas is a little off i think... however, on the front page it says it may not be 100% up to date

Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what I refer to on tint issues
http://www.tintlaws.com/

Hopefully this is up to date.

Tinting laws vary from state to state. Many states, including here in Colorado, don't care what you do to the back windows as long as the cops can see through the front/back windshieds and/or the front windows. I'm guessing that's why the factory tint is the way it is. Through my experience in other states, cops seem to be more lenient in the West states and more strict in the East states, especially NY. A moderator from another forum said the cops over there have special tools now that can measure the amount oflight your tint allows to see if it is illegal or not.

ToTippman7641, I suggest heading to www.streetglow.com and go to the forums on that site. Theyhave, or at least try to have, all the current neon laws for all 50 states.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 PM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in NY, the local cops are kinda easy going, but the highway patrol love to break your *****. They're the meaner guys whos guy wanna screw around with you. I've seen a tool that you put against the window and it measures the percentage of tint.
But Mr Blazer LT, I saw that list of states and their laws, and it is up to date.
In NY, the back window can be any, but all sides have to be 70% which is stupid because my backs are very dark compared to my fronts, and the windshield can have a 6" visor tint.