General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Wouldn't these head lights be illegal??

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:49 AM
Beginning Member
JPate is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by neo71665
Depends on how easy going the cops are in the area but last I heard blue lights were still reserved for emergency personal in every area of the country. Other colors are also red and green. Some areas might allow you to get away with it and some might pull you over on the spot for improper lighting.
Depending on what state u live in. Here in Michigan we can run with red & white.

What dose HID stand for?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

yea, the halos aren't illegal its the color of the halo that matters. Depends on if the po-po is in a good mood or not i guess.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:02 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by odfareal
I've got headlights like these...
I'm actually selling them (hopefully with the HIDs as a combo-kit. LOL)
How come you are selling yours?

Originally Posted by JPate
Depending on what state u live in. Here in Michigan we can run with red & white.

What dose HID stand for?
High Intensity Discharge

Basically a lightbulb filled with gas that gives off a brighter light than incandescent and fluorescent lights. Bonus is that you can pick what color you want them in.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JPate

What dose HID stand for?
It completely depends on the area. Most of us vol firefighters here run red but we are allowed red and white or if your also hazmat you are allowed green. I got a buddy in canada and they are only allowed green. I've heard some places only allow red with blue.

The point is I'm still not aware of any area that allows blue to be ran on the street unless you are some kinda emergency personal and it can only be on while responding.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:08 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Depends on how easy going the cops are in the area but last I heard blue lights were still reserved for emergency personal in every area of the country. Other colors are also red and green. Some areas might allow you to get away with it and some might pull you over on the spot for improper lighting.
actually, straight blue (not dark blue or the purple/blue you find on cop cars), is for snow removal equipment (both up here, and down there).

and you're right about the green lighting, it's for the volunteer fire department personnel. as far as i know (in Canada & the US), red or red & blue, are only for the police department only (of any rank, Municipal or Provincial/State).

Old 01-27-2010, 08:12 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
actually, straight blue (not dark blue or the purple/blue you find on cop cars), is for snow removal equipment (both up here, and down there).

and you're right about the green lighting, it's for the volunteer fire department personnel. as far as i know (in Canada & the US), red or red & blue, are only for the police department only (of any rank, Municipal or Provincial/State).
Like I said its depends on the area. Blue is for cops only here. Any snow removal stuff we have is the road dept and they all run amber on everything. I know of some states that do allow the fire depts to also run blue but it must be with red in some form. The emergency lighting laws are so screwy in north america its not even funny. You would think they would have something uniform.

The norm for my area is cops run blue or blue/white, fire dept runs red or red/white, everything else is pretty much amber or amber/white.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

The emergency lighting laws are so screwy in north america its not even funny. You would think they would have something uniform.
actually, i think they are making it a standard in NA.

Ontario recently started converting over their Municipal & Provincial police vehicles to the red & deep blue/purple lights. and i know the green is for the volunteer dept only. pretty sure all of our Ambulace/Fire trucks are red & white only.

boy we kinda got away from his topic.