General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Your thoughts on a used bravada

Old 04-28-2014, 02:30 PM
Beginning Member
BoulderCO is on a distinguished road
Default Your thoughts on a used bravada

Hey guys I'm new to the forums. I'm currently in the market for a Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada, and have looked at a couple with about 100,000 miles on each. One was a blazer for 3,000 that shifted poorly and made some bad power steering noises. I'm not really interested in that one. The other is a loaded '01 Bravada with 94,000 on it that drove really well and I thought was really nice but I do have a few concerns. The front wheels do not match the rear wheels, and I didn't notice until after I looked at it, but the rear bumper also seems a little bit messed up. You can see the wheels and bumper in the linked ad. He doesn't know why the wheels don't match, said it was like that when he bought it. He's asking 4300, but without even making an offer he came down to 3700. What are you're guys thoughts on this? I thought it seemed to be in good shape, really nice interior, and the engine ran well. Should I be that worried about the wheels/bumper?

Edit:
Here's the ad for the Bravada in question: http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4442553367.html

Old 04-28-2014, 02:45 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Those prices are pretty high... I would offer 3G for the one he wants 3700 for... Finding matching wheels in a junkyard wont be too hard.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

I'm with Ohsofly. Offer $3000 and see what he says. The front wheels look like the factory Bravada wheels, and the rears are the spare tire steelies. Have you had it inspected by a mechanic? I'd want to make sure the rear end wasn't involved in an accident. It looks like the bumper was pulled outward and bent the metal a bit, or or pushed downward to cause the gap on the right side. It's a little hard to tell from the picture.

Old 04-28-2014, 08:11 PM
Beginning Member
BoulderCO is on a distinguished road

For sure when I look at it again I'll look more at the frame and bumper.

I called on another one today and they said they don't have a listing price and I'd have to come look at it and drive it and make an offer. But it seems really nice, I just don't know what I should offer, provided everything checks out. Thoughts? Here's that one: 1999 CHEVY BLAZER AUTO 4×4 VERY LOW MILES ONLY 61K.

Old 05-25-2014, 06:40 PM
RedLT is on a distinguished road

Hey BoulderCO, I don't know if you ever did buy something, but I'm in pretty much the very same boat as you. I'm in Aurora CO and I had a 2001 Blazer I bought in Dec. 2013. In shopping for that I found that apparently Blazer/Jimmy/Bravadas go for more around here than they do in the great White North. Under $3200 (private sellers, of course) or so I couldn't find anything I was willing to buy, and what there was under that would need some real work unless you were willing to make some significant compromises on body or other condition. I'm shopping again now since I got rear-ended about a week ago(Reese hitch got hit hard and bent both sides of the frame) and their insurance totaled my Blazer. Finding the same thing now.
After buying three vehicles in the past 4 years (Have a son and daughter that drive) I'm a big believer in Carfax. Like they say, it doesn't tell you everything, but just yesterday it told me that one Blazer I was looking at had been totaled before and another had only two owners and had extensive service history (and apparently that owner had very regular service always done by a dealer). I think it's worth the money and highly recommend it.