Lifting Tech This section is for suspension questions related to increasing the ride height of your vehicle.

What are your thoughts? recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Blazer_Man_Dan is on a distinguished road
Default What are your thoughts? recommendations?

i'm interested in getting my suspension replaced, since my front shocks are shot, the springs are sagging, and i think the rear shocks are weakening (i barely have to shift my weight to get the suspension to creak and move on both ends). i also was interested in getting a suspension lift, and this "issue" gives me the opportunity.

this package seems to be a good option so far: Chevy / GMC 2wd Suspension Lift Kits

My truck is a 4door 2 wheel drive... and its my daily driver, so i dont need anything that would kill my fuel economy (i know any lift will lower my fuel economy, i just want to minimize that loss). i also realize that i'll need to get new rims and new tires to match the lift. my biggest problem is finding the best "bang for my buck." i'm trying to get the best deal i can, since i need to save as much money as possible! any recommendations you have would be great!!

I'll also take wheel recommendations lol

Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

I second the Rough Country lift. from what I've heard they make decent kits for the cheap! I actually think I might get one for my K5 lift down the road.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:05 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Why do you have to get new wheels ? I like the camaro wheels on blazers though , It kinda makes the vehicle appear wider . The tires will stick out the fenders just a little . These are camaro wheels with 2 1/2 inch wheel spacers .

Old 11-10-2011, 12:55 PM

the biggest reason for the new wheels is the wider stance (negative offset) like on some of these wheels:

Wheels for 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 2wd 4dr

Especially the ultra rogue!

how do the wheel spacers work? idk anything about them, thats why i didnt consider them...

Old 11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Its just a piece of metal that go on the hub before you mount the tire.

Wheel Spacers

You can also go with a deep dish wide rim/tire set up.

Those are 10 inch wide rims

And these are my stock 8 inch wide

Definitely give an illusion that they stick out more than they do

Last edited by ChevyBlazerChick; 11-10-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:51 PM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Yea I didn't no how well they would hold up ,but they are great I've launched this truck several times , And been mud bogging on a weekly basis , but I have never had any trouble with them . And till just recently it was my daily driver 120 miles a day and on weekends mud races . I did just get a set of drag wheels 14 wide rear and 8 wide front they won't even be under the truck anymore .

Old 11-14-2011, 09:59 PM

hmmm, i was talking to a friend with a ford ranger (2wd) and he says that he and other ranger forum members dont like roughcountry, saying CTM Customs has better quality equipment... so far i'm still voting for the roughcountry, but why would the ford guys have such a different opinion on such a similar product? is the roughcountry suspension so different for the fords than chevys?

http://www.ctm4x4.com/

Last edited by Blazer_Man_Dan; 11-14-2011 at 10:02 PM. Reason: web link
Old 11-14-2011, 11:41 PM

I believe CTM Customs is a Shop... and they use Rough Country lifts as well as a ton of other vendors.

Old 11-15-2011, 06:27 AM

^^^ lol that's what i figured... their too far away from me, so i can rule them out (unless i decide to have them ship me the parts)