Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Rims and Tires I will run... your thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member
tmurph01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rims and Tires I will run... your thoughts

So I have decided on the rims I will run when I get my lift done. I will be doing a 2" RC lift as well as a 2" body lift, so clearence shouldn't be an issue.

For the rims, I have chosen to go with the Cragar Nomad II. I will be getting 15x8 on all 4 corners, with 4.75" of backspacing. However, do you think I should go with a different backspacing combo for the rear? If so, what size and why?

Now, for the tires I am planning on running 31x10.5x15 but am torn between two different ones. The Firestone Destination AT, or the General Grabber AT2... I like them both, but could prolly get the Firestones mounted and balanced for free, as well as with a discount from my cousin who works for Firestone.

Your thoughts ?

The Firestones:

The Generals:

I guess I am more worried about the backspacing of the rims for the front and rear more than anything. I just want all the tires to stick out the same amount from the car.

Let me know what you think!

Old 04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

just pick up some spacers for the rear, mine is 4.5" backspacing and the fronts stick out a lil more but its not really that bad looking. as for the rims i think they'd look good almost the same as mine but chrome. should look really good with the 31s, thats what i'm running but without the body lift (but will be coming soon since i found a job). cant wait to see some pics with all that done.

Actually i have some pics with the 4.5" backspacing if you want to look at my albums, so you get an idea how they will look.

Last edited by leeclark; 04-15-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I like the general grabber at2's, they have a nice aggressive looking thread pattern. Btw nice rim choice.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:38 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nice rims, I've heard good things about the Grabbers... but you can get the Firestones for cheap, so I don't know where to point you lmao.

The front tends to stick out a little more than the rear, if you want you can get 2 4.5" backspacing rims in the rear for that extra 1/4", or run spacers unless you don't mind the difference it's not a necessary thing but something that bugs me with my stock Blazer.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'd defiantly go with the grabbers they are pretty much the same thing as bfg's but cheaper. I think you can put studs in the grabbers too. that is always good for the winter. I like your rim choice I like the "wagon" wheel style I wish they made those in black or I would have gotten those. I wouldn't worry about the rear backspacing too much there is barely a noticeable difference. here is what mine looks like from the back with 4.5" backspacing very similar to what you are going to get