General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

ZR2-ed It!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011 | 11:44 AM
Beginning Member
bclhaezveyr is on a distinguished road

so has anybody tried matching up ZR2 control arms to a regular frame? also what gives the ZR2 its lift?

Old 02-15-2011 | 12:33 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the control arms are the same between a non-ZR truck & a ZR truck. but the CV shafts are longer.

all of the difference is in the mounting points on the frame.

think of grabing the mounting points @ the frame, and stretching them outwards & downwards. same applies to the front spring perches, they come down about anoth 2 inches or so.

Old 02-17-2011 | 01:34 AM
Beginning Member
bclhaezveyr is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info. i've never really looked at a ZR2 that well. i wish they would've done them in 4drs

Old 02-17-2011 | 08:58 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
the control arms are the same between a non-ZR truck & a ZR truck. but the CV shafts are longer.

think of grabing the mounting points @ the frame, and stretching them outwards & downwards. same applies to the front spring perches, they come down about anoth 2 inches or so.
Interesting...

Old 02-17-2011 | 02:52 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr

actually that was a typo Pat. both alpha & numerically. i hit "2"instead of "3"

so it's 3" difference between the two suspension systems.

Originally Posted by bclhaezveyr
thanks for the info. i've never really looked at a ZR2 that well. i wish they would've done them in 4drs
you and me both.

but if i had a choice, i'd rather have the 5 speed option like out UK brothers.

Old 06-07-2011 | 01:04 AM
Starting Member
MikeRo is on a distinguished road

This swap is awesome, was thinking about doing it myself, but its a huge undertaking so i'm trying to figure it all out. If my only goal was to get a g80 locker in the rear is it possible to only switch out the rear axle or do you need to do the front as well for gearing reasons?